Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Assistance with makeup routine

Started by Bobbiw, July 03, 2015, 06:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbiw

Hi All,

My name is Bobbi and I am a mostly closeted cross dresser.  I have been a closet CD for many years now, however, during the past few years, I have built a collection of clothes, wigs and makeup.  I am trying to become more passable on those few occasions when I can go out, but I need to get better at doing my makeup.

I read a lot of posts in this forum on the topic and apologize if this one is redundant, but I would dearly appreciate comments and guidance on my specific situation.

I have a heavy beard and have tried a number of concealers and techniques for cover all with limited success.  I've tried both Glamoflage by Hard Candy, Kamaflage soft pecan with red or orange lipstick and most recently Mehron orange beard cover with setting powder.  None of which have consistently given me the result I want.

My current routine, which is the best so far, is to start by shaving using a multi blade razor first with, then against the grain of my beard. Next I use a foundation primer followed by sponge stippling either the Kamaflage or Mehron followed by a heavy cover of a setting powder pressed on by sponge with the excess brushed off.  After the setting powder, I apply highlights and contour before applying my foundation, which is either Maybelline Age Rewind or Mehron.  After I blend the foundation to get as even a skin tone as I can, I spray my face and neck with setting spray.  Once the setting spray has dried, I use a tinted finishing powder all over my face and neck. 

I don't always get the beard coverage I'm looking for and often get caking on the upper lip, chin and cheek areas.  In hopes of getting better coverage and no caking, I have been doing some reading of reviews for full coverage foundations and have read good things about Clinique Beyond Perfect foundation and concealer, Dermablend Liquid Camo, Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover and MAC Full Coverage foundation.  All of these are expensive, but I would be willing to invest in a more expensive foundation if I could be sure of a better result.

I'm not sure if my problem is my application technique, the products I am using or a combination of both.  I would appreciate any advice on foundation product lines, the products in my routine and my application technique. I know what works for you may not work for me, but I feel like the more information and opinions I get, the better I can become at doing my makeup in order to achieve becoming more passable.

Hugs,

Bobbi
  •  

Dena

The beard was never much of a problem for me because I had my pretty well cleared before spending much time in the female role but as we were in southern California, some of the group members knew about stage makeup. The stuff is far heaver than standard makeup and covers well. I haven't ever used it but it may have the problem that it appears a bit on the heavy side. Not a problem for the camera or the stage where you are not close up, but it might be an issue in daylight.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Serenation

I used to use concealers and things and try and cover scars (glamouorflage was my fave)

after going to a few high end stores like mac and and inglot having my make up done as well as having it done for a wedding by professional I would saying having the correct products matched to your skin makes the world of difference. mac covers my scars so I don't even need concealer anymore.

would recommend krylon also, it's stage tv make up, I went to the store and it was all guys there and I got some of their awesome finishing powder (very light not like you would expect tv make up to be) but they would be able to help you out and wouldn't blink an eye.

to be honest I doubt mac or anyone would care either
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

barbie

Shaving will make the beard shadow darker, making it more difficult to cover by foundation or others.
You need to remove hair roots to make the grey area less visible. Razor shaving can not do that.

You may try laser hair remover. In my case, I had used Tria home laser, making beard hairs thinner and thinner. Nowadays I seldom shave. Actually I have not shaved during the past few years, but one of friends noticed and mentioned my fine facial hairs, and I shaved once a few weeks ago. I know a lot of cis-women also shave their face.

Another method is plucking all of your beard hairs by very, very sharp tweezers.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •