Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Empaths and Empathy

Started by cindybc, September 08, 2007, 07:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimey

Quote from: cindybc on November 20, 2007, 02:52:54 PM
You know that if you are an empath, being an empath has its good points and it has it's bad points. Sometimes you feel like you are about to burst into tears from just observing the injustices and brutality there is around you. Or it could be tears of deep sentimentality and, oh my, mustn't forget love and compassion, both very strong emotions in themselves. And when these feelings get to the deepest part within yourself, you will find that the negative or positive energy are equal in intensity, there is no telling the difference. This a good time to release this energy like it was a dove, and let it fly in freedom to help balance that tiny part of this universe.

My grandfather used to tell me stories from WWII.  He was mostly stationed in the Middle East and India.  He would always tell me about the women who would try to hand the G.I.'s their babies so they could have a better life and how the soldiers would carry change and candy in their pockets because they would be swarmed by children in the streets and they would have to throw the candy and money to get the kids to let go.  Growing up with stories like that helped me to understand people's pain and to understand how blessed I am.  It also made me into a very giving person.  I don't understand how other people can be as cruel as they are.  There was one guy in my training class (he didn't come back today, thank goodness) who really got under my skin because of this.  First, he bitched about how much he hated his college, how stupid it was, etc.  Then he made fun of a woman who volunteered to read outloud because she had a very hard time reading simple words.  I wanted so much to tell him off, that if he doesn't like his college, go somewhere else and that if he didn't like the way she was reading, he could get up there and do it himself.  I don't understand how people can complain when they are obviously blessed.  His attitude was also hard to deal with because most of us in the training class NEED this job.  It's not for extra money, it's for livelihood.  Anyway...that sort of thing ticks me off.

As for the abusive experiences, I can relate to that a bit.  I wasn't treated violently, but I was terrified of my father.  He reminded me of a wild bear.  He just had this unpredictable feeling to him and I just KNEW to walk on egg shells around him, from a very early age.  Usually, he would yell at me for (honestly) doing nothing, just being in the room or talking and I would run and hide and cry.  The thing that probably hurt me the most in all that is that no one would come for me.  I would stay hidden at least until he left (we were usually at his mother's house when I was around him) and then they would try to coax me out, but they never held me or told me it was okay and they never said anything to him (it was a REALLY small house).  There was also a great amount of pressure to make straight A's.  So basically, all of the walking on eggshells, hiding and trying to remain unnoticed, and trying to constantly do things to get approval shut me down completely and I didn't even have a real personality until a couple of years ago.  I'm almost 26 now.  I had to read people to stay out of trouble, so I held on tightly to that one particular instinct.  I was pretty angry about it all for a long time, but now I'm all right.  If those things hadn't happened, I wouldn't be me.  :)  And I like being me.

But as for people's reasoning behind all of the destructive paths that leaders seem to take...I think it's mostly greed.  Even if you have an idealistic, motivated person who isn't greedy, they will have a hard time getting power without money and power behind them...and with money and power comes greed. 

It makes me sad.  But then I just think about all the people I would help if I won the Lottery.  :D  That makes me feel better, even if the chances of such a thing happening are slimmer than getting struck by lightening.
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

cindybc

Hi Jaimey
I couldn't agree more withe your lightning scenario., or how about a meteor shower. Hey Maaaa! Better bring the tin umbrella with us today. I do believe we are going to have a meteor shower on this darkly day. "hee, hee." Just kidding. 

You are also right about the greed which would be about 75% of the problem on this planet is distrust, fear,  selfishness and the indifference to the value to human life, except their own diamond studded backsides that excretes golden inlaid fesses. When their life style is threatened they will all run to hide in their little rodent holes. Other tin gods, *ruling class* will turn and retreat to the top of >-bleeped-< hill where their tin thrones are located then commence to throwing mud balls to keep the encroaching humanity below from taking over >-bleeped-< hill. Knowing that this is going to be the last conflict, when many of mankind's only desire will be to speak to bring piece over the land. 

I don't need crystal ball to see this coming, to watch it all happen and some day it will, my only  wish for that one day is to be reincarnated as a fly, so that I can land on a wall and watch it all happen when the Karma comes to roost.

Cindy
  •  

Jaimey

amen! i love to see a good karmic bitch slapping!  (since i don't care if people laugh at me, my karma for that should be fine...right?  :angel:)

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

cindybc

Yep, you're right, karma works both ways, releasing, receiving , positive, negative.

Universe seeks to balance these energies, to bring about synchronicity within the duality of everything in all the heavens within Infinity.

As free will agents it is our responsibility to decide what to do with this energy.  We are the ones who will be the deciding factor and live to feel its result. Our choice is to whether it is to be positive energy karma or negative.

Be careful of what you ask for:  you might get it.

Cindy

Posted on: November 24, 2007, 04:03:22 AM
Yep, you're right, karma works both ways, releasing, receiving , positive, negative.

Universe seeks to balance these energies, to bring about synchronicity within the duality of everything in all the heavens within Infinity.

As free will agents it is our responsibility to decide what to do with this energy.  We are the ones who will be the deciding factor and live to feel its result. Our choice is to whether it is to be positive energy karma or negative.

Be careful of what you ask for:  you might get it.

Cindy

Posted on: November 24, 2007, 04:04:00 AM
Have You Forgotten Your Magic?
As received by Gillian MacBeth-Louthan
==================================

You all have the innate ability to transmte through a thought,
through a word, through a glance, and a touch. You have the ability
to move past time and space as you know it and by-pass the speed of
light and laugh at the speed of sound. Intertwining your energies
with all of life. Dancing with the eagles, swimming with the whales
and dolphins, fencing with the wind. You have forgotten the beauty
of the elements of your planet.

Do not wait for the state of ascension as you are amended to the
union of heaven on earth. Do not wait until the light announces to
you. "It is time to ascend, it is time to rise from a leavened state.
Hesitate not, for it is time to go beyond what you are capable,
removing the veil that has hidden you from yourself. Don't ascend
thru death but ascend thru thought

You stand at an intersection of light and remembrance waiting for the
light to turn. But it is you that must announce and pronounce that
incoming light to every cell of your body in a tone of celebration,
and a movement of dance that goes beyond what you once knew to be
space and time. Come forth fully – do not stay in the hidden depths
of your being, in the basements of the past, in the rooms without
windows that darken your hopes.

Move the alchemical unit of you into every aspect of your life. For
all of it is interconnected and inter-woven and you cannot separate
yourself from what you are creating and what is creating you. For
every inch of you, every hair, every thought, every iota creates
continually with or without your verbal permission, with or without
your conscious knowing. Creation stops for no one and no thing. So
knowing this, create the gold – instead of the lead and the rocks
that you trip upon daily. See every situation, no matter how it
looks to your human eye as an opportunity to express to yourself, the
true beauty and the true love of what you are about.

I Merlin did not sit in the dungeons upon my proverbial hands,
grinding up life with a pumice stone but I walked amongst life as you
do. You have forgotten your Magic. The magical part of you, --- the
part of you that can in a thought move from one location to another.
The part of you that can open doorways that are seemingly boarded and
bricked shut. The part of you that can fly, can breath underwater,
can transform into any animal, any leaf, and any stone in any
minute.

I Merlin come to strip you of what you know to be yourself, to pull
away the follicles and the hairs of your humanness to expose a unit
of light so grand, so magical, so divine. You wear these vehicles
life after life, time after time – and still you do not like them.
Every time you wish them away. Yet always they serve you well.

Your humanness comes into a format of being very sensitized and
sensitive at this point in time. Do not push it away with words that
are not wise, with words that are not loving, with words that hold no
feelings, but embrace this time and day fully, not fooly. You are a
body of earth. You are a body of light. You are a body of
heaven. Treat yourself magically. You have walked the crooked
path far too long. Now walk the path of Magical delights in every
moment of life. Time does not exist for you. It exists because of
you.

•  

NicholeW.

Wow, what a nice series of posts Cindy, Jaimey, Ronni, Rebis and Y2!!

My own take is that empaths should learn at younger ages how to protect themselves while maintaining their gifts. The aches I recall feeling in my bones and muscles and the flood of emotional responses used to just destroy me when I was a child.

Great thread.

Thanks

•  

cindybc

Hi, Nichole,

Thank you for dropping-in.

You are quite right that the children should be taught from an early age.  I had wonderful, loving parents but the stigma placed upon those who weren't normal or considered weird back then was very much like now. 

I was looked-down-upon when I was a kid, worse then even now. It hasn't changed a whole lot.
Take what happened to the Indigo Children. There was so much fanfare, almost to the point of making it into a three ring circus for freaks!  Wannabes, lies, corruption, and greed and the confusion that was created from all this upon them, beautiful wonderful loving and highly intelligent children that, I believe has caused those children to go into hiding just the same as it was when I was a kid.

I believe that if one were to compare the growing up of these children and Trans children you will see remarkable likenesses if that child's problems or gifts were exposed to the outside world.

Then one needs to consider that some of the parents of these children are morons.

Cindy

Posted on: December 10, 2007, 06:34:42 PM
Here is a wonderful and uplifting little video about the phenomena of spirituality

Conscious One

http://www.consciousone.com/friends/index.cfm?PID=455

Cindy
  •  

Jaimey

You brought up something that I've been meaning to do some research on.  What exactly are Indigo Children?  I keep hearing and seeing that phrase, but I never remember to do any research.

•  

cindybc

Hi, I believe this to be one of the earliest and most accurate account of Indigo Children.

Indigo child

The term "Indigo Child" comes from psychic and synesthete Nancy Ann Tappe, who classified people's personalities according to the hue of their auras.*

Usually each universal age is accompanied by a preponderance of people with that life color. For instance now most adults are either Blue or Violet, the two colors with the attributes most needed in this the Violet Age of transition. During the next age, the Indigo Age, Indigo colors will be the norm (Understanding Your Life Through Color

http://skepdic.com/indigo.html

Cindy
  •  

RebeccaFog

I have tried to understand that, but I can't.   ???

I mean, how do you know what colors the auras are?  And what are these ages that will be affected.

I'll follow that link, but I bet a million dollars I still come away as a dimwit.   :)

Posted on: December 15, 2007, 04:37:22 PM
I went to that skepdic site and as predicted, am even more confused.
Then I went to the indigo children site but nothing grabbed me there.

I'm just going to stay neutral on this.
  •  

cindybc

Hi Rebis
Some of us can see auras and auras can also be detected by Kirlian photography. The aura colors are created by different wavelengths of energy in the visible electromagnetic spectrum.

I don't believe that one has to vibrate at the level of indigo to experience different sensitivities. There are many other people that have higher then normal sensitivities to different elements in this reality and above the normal level that most sense. Empaths, clairvoyants, claireaudiance, claircentients, telepaths, telekinesis, diviners, psychics, holistic healers, etc. In actuality our auras are like a rainbow constantly shifting colors in response to changes of moods, emotions, physical health and mental health and quite probably to a greater extent in spiritual resonance. 

North American Natives use to call these people the rainbow people.

Cindy
  •  

buttercup

Hi Cindy,

I have read through this entire thread and identify with being an empath.  I don't know whether from birth or by the unfortunate circumstances of my childhood, but I recognize these characteristics of being highly intuitive, compassionate and sensitive to my surroundings and others feelings.  At times it has brought me much pain and sorrow, the helplessness one feels when overwhelmed by circumstances out of our control can be excruciating.
I do so want to believe in Karma.  But unfortunately I have never seen evidence of this, the bad just seem to go on unchallenged and unremorselessly till the end of their days.  I do believe in Heaven but not hell, so where these ingrates learn a lesson is beyond me.
It is fascinating reading about the Native Indians and their spirituality, their feeling of oneness with the earth.  In Australia we have our indigenous community, the Aboriginals.  They believe in the 'Dreamtime' and can explain nature in a magical and mystical way.
Anyway, just thought I'd drop-in and say how much I enjoy reading these threads. I love the way you take the time Cindy to explain your beliefs and broaden our minds just that little bit more.  Lots of food for thought...just wanted to add quickly that I have heard about auras as well, I wonder what colour mine is?  :)

buttercup   :)
  •  

Jeannette

Are you talking about normal empathy, ot the "Star Trek" variety?
I'm a very strong empath, But I am not a healer. I cannot transfer a wound from someone to myself in order that they get well. I have never heard of a person that could do something like this, except in a Star Trek episode.

When I deal with people, they claim I have this uncanny ability to get into their heads and to know exaclty what they are feeling. When I give advice, people often return to tell me that my suggestions worked perfectly.

If I am asked to play a role, the person I am helping often breaks out in tears! They tell me that I act just like the person they are having trouble with, and it is impossible to keep their emotions in check.
  •  

cindybc

Hi Buttercup
I'll do what I can to describe Karma to you. Karma doesn't mean that it is a negative reaction to a like energy source but can also be a positive reaction to an like energy source. In other words the metaphysical grid which is the fabric that the tapestry of the universe is stitched upon. The universal grid itself is neutral or static.

It is when the psychic energy of a human mind comes into contact with this energy, man being the free will agent he/she is, will be the one to make the decision of how he/she is going to utilize this energy. What is sent out as intention into universe is what is returned both the good and bad intentions. The reason for this is that Universe seeks to keep itself balanced. If there was no balance or order in the universe all would be chaos.

Where the bad intentioned go, I really don't know and I would not want to be the judge, but in
the end all is balanced. 

Cindy 

Posted on: December 15, 2007, 10:23:02 PM
Hi, Jeannette,

If one is going to assist in a healing its success also depends on how much faith the recipient has in the healer.  But the the healing energy is not really that of the healer alone.  The healer is but the channel or conduit of the healing energy. The energy is channeled from the metaphysical grid or the fabric of universe, if we may say. I have performed healings but nothing one would call miraculous or like that of Star Treck variety.

I worked with mental health consumers for ten years and my healings were of the relieving them of psychological or emotional pain.  My greatest tools were empathy, sincerity, and belief in the Source of the healing energy and ability.

Cindy

Posted on: December 15, 2007, 10:49:37 PM
The Metaphysical Grid

Our reality is a holographic grid program created by thought consciousness that repeats in cycles and can be best understood by studying Sacred Geometry. The grids are a matrix of sound, light and color through which we virtually experience time and emotion. The grids are electromagnetic in physical reality thus creating polarity or duality of experience, always seeking to restore balance. In the process of awakening to one's learning and emotional challenges, moving through a healing process in which they want to heal themselves by healing others, one creates balance, increases their psychic abilities, and a final understanding of the nature of reality and where it is all going. Reality is about the evolution of consciousness in the alchemy of time.

http://www.crystalinks.com/gridmetaphysics.html

Cindy

Posted on: December 16, 2007, 12:56:21 AM
The North American natives also collected different plants to make certain medicines for varying ailments. They knew about making medicine hundreds of year before the Europeans came to the America's. Not just in North America but also most other primitive tribal communities of other lands on the other side of the Atlantic as well. Healing by using herbs was nothing new to the ancients.

Cindy
  •  

lisagurl

People that have a vivid phenomenal consciousness can dream up a totally different reality. For others the senses with some subjective views guide our life.
  •  

Jaimey

I wonder, when did the very first indigo children appear?  And is there a transitional "color"?  Something between the blue/violet of most adults now and the indigos?  Anyone know?

Posted on: December 17, 2007, 10:35:08 AM
wow...the metaphysics and grids links is WAY over my head... ???

•  

cindybc

Hy Jaimey
Basically the metaphysical grid can be partly detected as electromagnetic fields that is made up of unlimited grids one overlaying the other. One could picture the universal grid as a very fine fabric upon which the tapestry (energy and mater) of the universe is stitched upon. This field of grids can also carry psychic energy to any one place the psychic person directs it.

As for Indigo's they are a recent phenomena that was supposed to have started in the early seventies. I believe that there have been gifted people all throughout recorded as well as prehistory. The The witch hunts, the saints, faith healers, psychics, psychogenic and  the many who demonstrate various other types of PSY abilities. I believe that we are the descendant regressed remnants of a great civilization whom at one time had much greater abilities.  Now is supposed to be the beginning of the great universal awakening. What I have stated here are my own words to illustrate what I have learned from different teachings. They are only my theories that may be based in potential realities.

I Love your probing mind :o)

Cindy     
  •  

Pica Pica

I am definitely not an indigo from reading that description...

Though I have a question...

Why is it that the beliefs of societies that were deemed primitive (not a word I'd agree with) like the native americans or the indigenous people of brazil or whatever, instantly held up as better?
  •  

RebeccaFog

people forget the brutality that was inherent in those cultures.

Not that I'm bad mouthing brutality.  I'm all for it.    :P
  •  

Pica Pica

everyone needs a slap round the chops sometime
  •  

cindybc

Hi Pic pica pica, These gifts were not bestowed on only the aboriginal and native peoples. We all have it within ourselves and it depends on what we want to do with it. It is mush easier for young children to learn these ways then older people. But then any children that is found to be different out there in society they are immediately set upon and reconditioned to follow the flow of the rest of society, like nice obedient little robots.

The potential is when the child's mind has not yet by polluted or programed by society. So you see these children are not treated much different the the Gender variant Ts etc. Debauchery by those that we are supposed to trust, those that are supposed to be our leaders, guardians and teachers.

I know I was one of those kids. TS and empath.

Again I must say this is a disclaimer on the premises that again this is a theory I have created with my words 
  •