Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Nails

Started by angiegurl, July 14, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angiegurl

I got a manicure done yesterday and the nail tech (first time with her) has this product and a drying machine. After two coats of color she put on this shiny clear top coat and said "Put both hands in this" which I did and she turned on the machine. There was the usual UV glow and you could feel air circulating. The top coat is apparently a gel like product that aids in the drying process. 9 minutes later my nails were dry and nice and shinny as well.

I had not seen anything like this before. Of course this is only my 5th manicure so what do I know anyway.
Angie

•  

kelly_1979

Isn't this shellac? (as far as I know - I've never done shellac but I've seen other girls do it)

I'm afraid of the UV lamp though (I work regularly with UV transluminators in the lab but we wear protective clothing and glasses. Once I hadn't covered my hands properly and got a "sunburn" in like 3 seconds)
Trying to emerge to my real self
  •  

SarahMarie1987

I think I just read something about how nail techs in New York City have been having a lot of medical issues because of the UV style for manicures. There was an article about it a few weeks' ago? Not sure.
"I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes"- Pink
  •