Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Starting Again . . .

Started by gina_taylor, December 27, 2005, 06:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gina_taylor

Two weeks ago, I met a transitioning transsexual.  We sat around and talked for an hour and a half, and we really hit it off very well. Yesterday, we went out for dinner together and we  talked for four hours about everyhing, and she told me about her therapist, who are a husband and wife team, and she feels very confident in them and she had suggested that I should try them out. Unfortunatelly, they are not in my medical plan, so I won't be able  to get away with a  co-pay, so should I start again with a thearpist or should I let it go. I know who and what I am. It's just a matter of getting the proper letters to start HRT and eventually SRS.

Gina
  •  

gina_taylor

Being that I've wasted so much time and money with my past therapits, I think that I will see what I can get, since they're coming so highly regarded!  :)

Gina
  •  

Brenda32

Are you happy with your current therapist?  If so then there really is no reason to switch.  Also, don't just take one persons word for it.  Check around with other TS's or even the BBB to make sure they are worth it.  Once you do you homework then it's really just a matter of what you feel comfortable with.
  •  

gina_taylor

Thanks for the valuable advice Brenda. I'm currently not seeing anybody at the time. But I may be starting to see my neuropsychologist for sessions once  a month. At least he's under my medical plan, and I can get away with a co-payment there instead of it costing me a full payment. Y'know gotta watch the old budget.  ::) But I will check around and see what others say about this therapist before I put out alot of money and time.

Gina
  •