Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Fitness Apps

Started by RaptorChops, July 24, 2015, 08:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorChops

After another day of not getting to sleep properly I found myself on youtube looking up workouts and being jealous of the super hunky, ripped FTMs. I found a dude on there talking about his fitness transition and he talked about this app you can get on your phone called Bodyscape. I went ahead and downloaded it and it seems super cool. It gives you work outs, sets it up on a calendar for you, shows you the actual exercises and for what days you need to do them. You can also pick what kind of goal your working on like muscle building, weight loss, etc.

I haven't fooled around too much with it yet but my first work out is today. On top of this app I've also found myfitnesspal to also be a great online tool. You can keep track of what foods your putting in your body,calories you've gained that day, and also keeping track of your work outs. I'm currently recovering from my top surgery so I can't do a lot of the heavy weights but i'll do what I can until I can be back 100%.

I'm pretty new to working out and all that so I'm not an expert on any of this. I've never been physically fit to be honest (elementary school I did sports), I was just always "blessed" with a fast metabolism. Now that I am gaining all of this weight, have a new chest and have a stomach that I can push out so I look like a pregnant man, I want to really get this body in shape for myself. Hopefully this gives some people a boost to work out :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

eyesk8rboi

For calorie counting and calorie burning My Fitness Pal is great!
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

Dan

They key to success with any fitness plan is to stick with it. Make it part of your daily routine, like brushing your teeth ( I'm assuming you do, :D) . Most importantly, plan the workout time when you are most likely to stick with it.

My best time slot is  between 8 and 9 pm, because when it comes to physical exertion I'm not a morning person.

Also make sure that your workout time is not interfered with by any other social engagements ( unless absolutely necessary); make it your top priority.

Don't punish yourself if you miss a workout or two per week because of unavoidable interference from other life stuff ( happens to me often enough); just keep going back to it as if nothing had happened. It's part of life.

Stick with your workout for at least 12 weeks; by then you will see results that you will not want to give up and it will have also settled into your life routine.

The results will really be worth it.

•  

Deborah

If you want strength and muscle you will get the best and quickest results with barbells including heavy back squats and deadlifts. 

Two similar programs are Stronglifts (free on the internet) and Starting Strength (you have to buy a book).

I personally prefer Starting Strength because the book will teach you all you need to know.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •