Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Driver: San Francisco

Started by PastyPrincess, August 13, 2015, 10:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PastyPrincess

Just today I was playing this old racer/detective/guy in a coma simulator from 2011 when I heard an interesting string of dialogue.

Allow me to bring it into context; Driver: San Francisco is about an undercover policeman named John Tanner who is involved in an accident and goes into a coma. He figures out crimes in his head using this power called "Shift" (enables you to float around and possess drivers of other vehicles) and busts this big criminal named Charles Jericho. This probably sounds like something that has nothing to do with TG issues, and it doesn't.

However, I was playing around in the freestyle shifting into random cars when I heard a passenger say something interesting

Tanner: "Hey there!"
Woman: "John, I have a secret"
Tanner: "Hit me!"
Woman: "I was born a man"
Tanner: "Hallelujah!"

Is there any other games that does this sort of thing that you wouldn't expect it to? I'd love to learn more. I've heard of that one cross-dressing scene in Final Fantasy, and that has also peaked my curiosity.
Seventeen and strung out on confusion,
Seventeen and coming clean for the first time,
no mom and dad will never understand,
what's happening to me.
  •  

merlinmarius

Hey, just thought I should point out there's more dialogue after that which is quite transphobic.
The woman goes on to say how surprised she is her partner isn't shocked by this news, then threatens to tell all his friends about a night they spent together.

It's out of nowhere and doesn't really make any sense. Usually the dialogue you hear is meant to be quirky and fun, a little tidbit to tell you more about the city. Instead it just perpetuates a harmful stereotype about trans woman.

I was really enjoying the game, and then that happened, and now I don't know if I want to keep playing.
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: merlinmarius on December 18, 2016, 04:38:44 AM
Hey, just thought I should point out there's more dialogue after that which is quite transphobic.
The woman goes on to say how surprised she is her partner isn't shocked by this news, then threatens to tell all his friends about a night they spent together.

It's out of nowhere and doesn't really make any sense. Usually the dialogue you hear is meant to be quirky and fun, a little tidbit to tell you more about the city. Instead it just perpetuates a harmful stereotype about trans woman.

I was really enjoying the game, and then that happened, and now I don't know if I want to keep playing.

That sounds unfortunate.

Welcome to our site. I hope you find what you are looking for.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment to:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•