Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

katia ponders..

Started by katia, September 12, 2007, 11:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katia

some named [truth] expressed this idea: "nothing is beyond the reach of that which is scientifically knowable because we live in a comprehensible universe. All it takes is time"

do you agree or disagree with [truth], and please give a reason for your choice of an answer. no simple agree/disagree answers wanted w/o explanations. After all this is a philosophy board, yes?

•  

Butterfly

There is no way whatever - on strictly scientific grounds - to evaluate or to invalidate any objective quest for knowledge, regardless of where it may lead or how it may preceed.  Knowledge is knowledge. Truth is truth.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I believe that there is a limit to what we can learn.... for there are some things which are unreachable.  We will never observer first hand what's on the edge of the universe for example.  I firmly believe that there is no way to get there.  Now, this shouldn't keep us from trying!

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

lisagurl

The best we can do with truth is probability.
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Katia on September 12, 2007, 11:01:22 PM
some named [truth] expressed this idea: "nothing is beyond the reach of that which is scientifically knowable because we live in a comprehensible universe. All it takes is time"

do you agree or disagree with [truth], and please give a reason for your choice of an answer. no simple agree/disagree answers wanted w/o explanations. After all this is a philosophy board, yes?
I agree with truth but disagree with a comprehensive universe.

Because.........

I believe that what I feel is truth, however, I don't expect it to be explained (comprehended).  Even if you did explain it to me, I would never understand.  For instance, I don't understand the bold part of your post.   ??? <--- this is me. It doesn't seem to take much to do this to me.
  •