Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transitioning on the NHS as a Child

Started by Carmen Luna, August 27, 2015, 08:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Luna

Hi, i'm Carmen.

I'm a 14 year old pre-transition girl.

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the UK section or here but this section looks like it's posted in more.

I have a lot of questions about transitioning on the NHS; particularly undergoing an MTF transition whilst under the age of 18.

I'd like to start presenting as a female when i'm 17 (for my last year of school/sixth form) and i'm mostly wondering about the time frame of the various stages.

If anyone could direct me to a guide specifically for transitioning on the NHS whilst under 18 or answer these questions i'd be really grateful:

- How long is the wait between referral to a GIC and an appointment? (I see on the NHS website that it's 250 days to 365+ but i'm wondering if the wait is shorter for U18s)
- How long is the wait for puberty blockers from the first GIC appointment?
- Is it possible to start HRT whilst under 18?
- Will the NHS cover a rhinoplasty and is it available at the age of 17?
- How easier is the process through private hospitals and can you do parts of the process on the NHS and parts private?
  •