Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

1st singing attempt 3 months after the Glottoplasty with Professor Remacle

Started by Cristal Lecter, August 28, 2015, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cristal Lecter

As a professional musician, I couldn't resist to try to sing with my new voice, and this is what came up

My sugery has been done the 5th of June

Your comments and impressions are welcome

•  

iKate

Have to view it on YouTube as it has a copyright claim from WMG. You sound good nonetheless. I'm starting to sing a little as I had surgery 2 months ago with dr Kim
  •  

Cindi Jones

I too am a musician. I used to sing professionally, working my way through university. After graduating, I moved to strictly instrumental work. I am totally envious! Your lower notes have a rich feminine resonance in my ear. What impressed me most though was your smile. It was infectious and you MUST show it more! Holy smokes, people don't get past a cute smile for almost any reason.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

CollieLass

Oh wow!!!  :eusa_clap:............I so enjoyed it, what a lovely feminine voice Christelle, and oh that joyous smile. :angel:
  •  

anjaq

The video link is invisible for me again, but I saw it already - I loved it, too.

•  

kwala

Quote from: Cristal Lecter on August 28, 2015, 03:12:45 PM
As a professional musician, I couldn't resist to try to sing with my new voice, and this is what came up

My sugery has been done the 5th of June

Your comments and impressions are welcome

LOVE this!  You sound great already and I'm sure it will get even better when you're fully healed and have had more time to get used to your voice!  Thank you so much for sharing this.  It's very reassuring for me :)
  •  

Cristal Lecter

Quote from: bibilinda on September 02, 2015, 11:48:29 AM
You sound great! Congratulations!

It would be interesting though if you had any recordings of songs pre-surgery to compare with your voice post-surgery. Just out of curiosity because I don't think I'll ever be able to afford voice surgery and my first priority if I get any money for surgery, is a type three forehead reshaping surgery.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Bibi

Thank you for listening, the thing is i've deleted the videos I've recorded along the years because I hate the masculine voice so much, but music sometimes is stronger

Just to give you an idea, just imagine George Clooney singing
  •  

Cindi Jones

Cristal, are you happy with the results? That's the question that no one ever seems to answer. What do you think?

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Cristal Lecter

Quote from: Cindi Jones on September 02, 2015, 02:41:27 PM
Cristal, are you happy with the results? That's the question that no one ever seems to answer. What do you think?

Cindi

Cindi thank you for asking the question : the answer is the BIGGEST YES I could have ever said in my life. Waking up in the morning saying "hello" to myself without thinking of using any trained voice, just MY voice is priceless, when I teach on skype I'm free when I go to do my food shopping and thanking the cashier person without being scared of what would be the nature of my voice ....plus all the things I've not yet experienced and that will be I'm sure a massive revenge on my voice brake when I was 11 ....

Does it answer your question ?
  •  

Cindi Jones

Quote from: Cristal Lecter on September 02, 2015, 02:48:40 PM
Cindi thank you for asking the question : the answer is the BIGGEST YES I could have ever said in my life. Waking up in the morning saying "hello" to myself without thinking of using any trained voice, just MY voice is priceless, when I teach on skype I'm free when I go to do my food shopping and thanking the cashier person without being scared of what would be the nature of my voice ....plus all the things I've not yet experienced and that will be I'm sure a massive revenge on my voice brake when I was 11 ....

Does it answer your question ?

Absolutely! I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful gift.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •