Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Latest Age To Start To Be Able To Pass

Started by Adi_L, August 29, 2015, 07:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adi_L

I am 14 and have started puberty but haven't finished it so I guess the first question is that wouldn't stop me from being able to pass would it? Also I want to know if I really am transgender. I sometimes sneak into my moms room and put on her clothes and I like it but then I start to feel really guilty. I also didn't feel like a girl before I could talk, the first time I could remember was when I was 5. So I would like to know how much longer I can wait before making any decisions about what to do. Thank you!
  •  

suzifrommd

I pass pretty well, and I transitioned at 51, so there really isn't any upper limit.

But it is true that if you're looking for blockers, the earlier the better.

BTW, being trans has nothing to do with when you first knew who you were. I didn't know I was trans until I was 50.

Do you feel like your parents might be supportive if you told them about how you feel?
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Richenda

Hi Adi,

Thanks for posting this. I'm a bit nervy about advising as I'm an adult and it's a huge step, but I knew when I was 4, wrote off to Amsterdam (of all places) for HRT when I was 15 or 16, bottled it all under family pressure then spent 30 years locked in the wrong body and getting by with occasional cross-dressing. I didn't begin transitioning until more recently.

I don't have many regrets in life but I do wish I'd kept the courage to transition aged 16.

However you plan to proceed 1. don't feel guilty; 2. get as much support as possible from others like on here as well as young transitioners; and 3. some professional guidance if you can. Others on here may advise differently: I'm a newbie.

Big hugs and best wishes,

Chen x
  •  

RomeoEcho

I'm 30, no hormones, and I pass. It's never too late to transition. Lots of factors here.

One thing to consider though is that if you can talk to your parents and doctor, hormone blockers now could pause your puberty while you work to figure things out. Doesn't mean you have to transition, just buys you more time.

Also, you're not alone. If you're questioning at all, you are welcome to talk here about how you feel.
  •  

Dena

The younger the better but I couldn't start hormones until about get 25 and had SRS at age 30. The only surgery I had on my face was my nose and the picture of me with the full head of hair was taken around 35.
Dressing in moms clothes and feeling guilty afterward, been there done that. My transsexual feeling didn't come out until I was age 13 but there were signs that it existed before that. It would be best if you could start therapy and get on blockers now because the less damage to your body, the simper the transition will be. I had many hours and much cost getting rid of a beard that I had no use for. Also it may be possible to save some of your voice but at age 14, I am not sure. Because there is doubt in your mind about being transsexual, go to youtube and request "the transition channel". This is a series of videos that will help you see the transsexual in you.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

justpat

Fourteen is a great age to start if possible ,I wish that it would have been an option for me.  Support from family and friends is very important as is access to knowledgeable medical care. Thing is that at fourteen you do not really have to rush into transition,take time to consider your options there are many.
  When looking around this site you will see that we have transitioned at all different ages, from teenagers to senior citizens and achieved good results.You will see YMMV written here many times as we are all different and respond in our own individual ways.
  I started at 63 was passing at 64 and will have GCS this Dec just before my 66th birthday.
  Good luck on your journey.   Patty
  •  

stephaniec

it's great to be able to do it young , but it's doable at any age. I'm 63 and stared 22 months ago.
  •  

Lyndsey

Hi sweetie I started at age 54 and I'm know 58 and I get told by others that they would never know that I was not born a genetic women I have lost 85lbs and I'm now at 140lbs. I was lucky that I have always had a full head of hair and the hormones kick in big time with me. I went form no breast to 36C and borderline D I'm so happy now. So I think that any age is good if that is what it takes to be your true self. I want to wish you the best of luck on your journey and it can be very rewarding. [emoji126][emoji173]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lyndsey Marie Burke- Started my journey February 2011 Full time on May 5th 2014 HRT June 6th 2014 Name change and on all records and court documents June 20th 2014 SCS October 20th 2015 with Doctor Marci Bowers in Burlingame California I'm a very Happy women and finally living what I should have been living my whole life. Expect the unexpected. I feel Blessed. Love, Live, Be Happy. Be safe.
  •