Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

New school year

Started by Pizzaparty78, September 01, 2015, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pizzaparty78

Hello, I've just started my sophomore year at school. This is my first year as male, we were able to change it on my transcript and all of that. I'm very happy about that, but the problem is that many people still know me as female. There are a couple dozen kids from all my classes who don't know that I'm trans and will/still refer to me as she/her/etc. I'm not sure how to deal with it. I've told some of them that I go by he now, but there are so many kids I'm not sure what to do now.. I was hoping that I wouldn't have so many of my old classmates in my classes, but I do, so should I just come out to the whole class (Mostly my english class be cause I know almost everyone in the class)? Should I just correct people as it happens? I really want to be treated as a guy this year, and it's hard with so many people thinking I'm still a 'girl'. :/ Any advice? Thanks
"It's not about what's in your pants, but what's in your heart..."

•  

suzifrommd

One way would be to correct people when they use your old name or pronoun.

"It's <new name> now." or "It's 'him' now."

This is a temporary phase. Word will get around and people who respect your gender will get it right.

If people misgender you or deadname you deliberately - that's a different situation. That should be treated like any other type of harassment or disrespect.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •