Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

(UK) Therapist Help.

Started by Goat, September 02, 2015, 02:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

Hello,

I am currently 25 and I have always felt something isn't right, I do suffer from ME/CFS which may be why this is but I think its much more. I've had ME/CFS since about the age of 12 but only got diagnosed with it about 2 years ago and I may be suffering from this because of my gender. I will go into more details if needed.

I went to my GP the other day and asked to get referred to a gender therapist as I am unsure of my gender, but she told me the waiting list is 1 year, is there any other options or ways I can do this as I am very lost at the moment and I can't wait another year. I finally discovered what transgender is and it make quite a lot of sense why I was feeling different all these years.

Please can you help?

Many Thanks!
  •  

Laura_7

Hello and welcome  :)

Concerning waiting times you could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=181192.0

hugs
  •  

Goat

Thank you Laura! ^^

The waiting time is ridiculous I had to wait for a year to get seen for my ME/CFS and that was frustrating. I think I might try and find someone private, I guess it just depend on how much money it cost. :/
  •  

Goat

Many Thanks Laura!
Hope your day is going well! ^^
  •