Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Got my first blocker shot!

Started by Pizzaparty78, September 10, 2015, 09:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pizzaparty78

I had my first endo appointment today with my insurance (Kaiser). I'm 15, so my doctor decided that they want to put me on blockers before T for a while so they can see how I react to it and make sure I dont change my mind (Like I would at this point? lol). I wasn't expecting to get a shot today, but he told me they had it ready. I'll be getting one every 3 months, so I'm pretty happy that it was at least the start of something. The only downside is that he told me it could be another year maybe, depending on my therapist, for me to start T, because I guess I'll be needing a second letter from her to start it. I guess I've also stopped growing at this point, which really sucks because I was hoping I had some room left, as I'm only 5'4.

But hey, no more shark week is great! :D Just wanted to share my experience
"It's not about what's in your pants, but what's in your heart..."

•  

CursedFireDean

Congrats man! That's super exciting!
I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being another year for T for you, because unfortunately, 16 does tend to be the youngest it gets prescribed. Sucks a lot when cisguys get their T so much earlier XD But blockers is a great step on the way there!
As for your height, I wouldn't lose hope! It's actually pretty normal for people to continue growing until 18 or even into early twenties on occasion. I'm 19 now and I've grown about an inch and a half in the year that I've been on T. You may not get to 6' but you might still have a few more inches in you!
Plus, to my knowledge, I think it's estrogen that influences stopping growth (rather than T encouraging it), so blockers may help you out too. I'm not sure if blockers will do that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •