Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

‘About Ray’ Director on Why She Cast Elle Fanning as a Transgender Teen

Started by stephaniec, September 10, 2015, 10:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

'About Ray' Director on Why She Cast Elle Fanning as a Transgender Teen

http://www.dailyactor.com/news/about-ray-director-elle-fanning-casting-choice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DailyActor+%28Daily+Actor+-+The+Daily+Feed%29

The Daily Actor/By Rebecca Fuller on September 10, 2015

"In recent years, the film and television industry has made small yet significant steps toward becoming more inclusive. Slowly, we are seeing a change in attitude towards the LGBTQ community and Hollywood is becoming more accepting and understanding towards the issues they face. Sure, there's still a long way to go, but it's undeniable that shows like Glee, Orange is the New Black, The Fosters and Transparent have brought these issues into the mainstream and made great strides to include characters of varying gender identities and sexualities."
  •  

suzifrommd

I'm sure young Ms. Fanning will win a few awards for acting like a boy.

It's so nice of the transgender community to provide a vehicle to elevate so many cisgender acting careers.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •