Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Coming out, HRT, Passing...

Started by Cutie99, September 15, 2015, 08:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutie99

Hey all, today I'm gonna talk with you guys, about many doubts I got for my future.
Something like, two years ago, I was so sure about me, being transgender, that I came out to my mother.
She kinda changed my mind, and told me that if I really wanted to do it, I would need to wait until I turned 18.
Shortly after, I had my gay phase, and then again, a month ago, gender identity issues.

Now. What -I think- made me change my mind on having HRT the first time, was probably the fear of not passing as a girl, of looking like a guy in a dress. I've always been really thin and short, girls were always jealous of my legs and weight, but recently I've found my arms and chest to be a little muscular and masculine.

Also, I'm scared about coming out and transitioning. I would like to start HRT as soon as I reach 18, but I'm worried about what would be my future, like: I haven't seen such a great respect for trans people. What if I couldn't get a degree. What if I couldn't afford surgeries I'm planning to have? Like FFS, VFS, Electrolysis...

Have a good day,
Cutie
  •  

Laura_7

In my opinion its a case of overthinking.
Its a step by step process.
Just take the next step.

Usually results are good if hrt is started early. A lot can be done with hairstyle... bangs over the forehead...
and if necessary there might be ffs which might be covered...

concerning a degree...
well university or college surroundings might be more accepting...
and surgeries might be covered...

hugs

•