Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How to deal w/ people who know you as "F"

Started by makipu, September 16, 2015, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makipu

I don't want to provide the details at all  but I am in a very stressful  situation.
I had to talk to someone whom I never met before on the phone regarding an issue. They didn't ask me anything regarding my gender before so from my low voice, they referred me as a male^_^
(The only thing that "passes" about me )
And then this person had to talk with certain people who apparently know me as "F" for years (it could have been my non-low voice, my parents/sibling referring me as a "s**, or the genderless/androgynous way I look in general but I ALWAYS bound my chest before surgery so that couldn't have been it at all) 
So then I talk to this person again on the phone (now, the topic is totally not about gender but...)  and they question about my gender saying that they (the people) were confused by my gender saying that I was a female and not a male.
Knowing my weak body I instantly got most of the panic attack symptoms and tried to defend my maleness saying that... it's probably due to the fact that I don't have a short hair like a typical guy and saying I was male. 
It was horrible and all because of this, I don't want to proceed with the person who was supposed to assist me with something.
ALL BECAUSE OF GENDER.
I tell my mom this and she said that "You brought this upon yourself" when she's the one who brought me HERE (TO SUFFER!)
I am male because I say so and nothing more.
I don't have to look or act like one therefore.
  •