Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Always assumed I was Transgender, but I believe its Intersex now

Started by abd789, September 16, 2015, 08:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abd789

Im just coming to the realization that I may have been wrong in defining myself as tg

Ive been going through changes that lead me to think IS now

No doctors as of yet
  •  

Cindi Jones

A doctor can certainly help you understand whether you are or are not. In either case, you will have issues to work through. So don't be too concerned about the results.

Chin up!
Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

piano15723

As someone who is going through this exact same situation right now, I feel your concern and pain. I learned over the summer the tI am intersex and not transgender, as I have believed for most of my life. It's been a very hard thing to work through, and has taken a lot of self-discovery and motivation to figure out some things. I felt like my whole identity had changed, and I'm still working through this. I hope things are working out for you.
  •  

abd789

Its really changing the way I feel at the moment....  Im a bit angry because Im fighting this "stigma" of being trans (wether real or imaginary) and I wish the world could understand what happened to me. The doctors made the choice for me and they got it wrong, now I feel like I must fight the world to be myself
  •  

piano15723

I totally get it! I'm going through the exact same emotions... the choice was made for me, and now I'm making the choice to reverse the wrong choice that was made. You're right, no one seems to understand. There's so much stigma associated with the whole issue... it's hard to navigate. I've been dealing with feelings of anger, and just trying to get past the shock. After months, it still gets me every now and then.
  •  

abd789

Well, I wish us both lots of luck and hope we get through it without too much trouble :)
  •  

Vinyl Scratch

I am a bit hazy on the intersex tag, from what little I know, is it more to do with biological facts, like being born with both genitals etc?

Sorry if thats a bit personal, just wondered :P   Either way, I hope you find happiness rita! :)
  •  

Mariah

Doctors and blood tests can help, but sometimes just can't give us all the answers your looking for or even that I was looking for. I hope you find the answers your looking for, but in the end all the matters is how you define yourself  for you and not anyone else. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

abd789

Quote from: Vinyl Scratch on December 24, 2015, 04:22:21 AM
I am a bit hazy on the intersex tag, from what little I know, is it more to do with biological facts, like being born with both genitals etc?

Sorry if thats a bit personal, just wondered :P   Either way, I hope you find happiness rita! :)

lol, personal.... you should read the novella I started writing for my other thread here... talk about personal and graphic... I just didnt post it.... yet ;)

Well, I definitely have a mix of both genitals, as well as the rest of me... its pretty much a 50/50 split.... Im hoping to get the male half to disappear altogether. For me, intersex means physical traits of both sexes (w/o intervention), and transgender being physically one but mentally the other. Of course, there are a myriad of mixes and its impossible to quantify exactly... but these are just my own thoughts and how I see them and myself
  •  

Ritana

That is very interesting! But can I just ask what female physical traits you have?

My friend is intersex. She has narrow shoulders, wide pelcic bones, no testicles and never had facial or body hair. She recently found out she has xxy chromosomes too. Sadly, she is not transitioning because of her parents.
A post-op woman
  •  

Sharon Anne McC

Rita, Piano:

Well, I'm seeing my youth in you.

I was born with ambiguous anatomy and erroneously assigned male at birth.  I grew up with constant feminine protesting tantrums causing trouble at home.  I considered myself transsexual and still do.  I simply added inter-sex to my definition when I got an exploratory fluoroscope and then the doctors took a peek inside; I wear my hysterectomy scar with pride.

As far as I was concerned, my inter-sex diagnosis helpt bolster my transsexual feminine protesting - see, I was correct all along.  I AM a girl!  I AM a woman!  I AM female!

It did not unsettle me at all.  It is validation.

Someone at another site discussing her own asked me why I did not stay male.  I asked why should I.  I was gender IDed female and it took a little snipping and I got something for female.  I never had anything male enough to make it so anyway.  All's well that end's well, I concluded.

I was of no attitude to pay attention to what was happening 30-some years ago.  I told the surgeon to take out the male and keep the female.

A few months ago, a nurse at my primary's office made a comment to me about my 'ovaries'.  Seems they are intact inside me after all - as erratic as they are.  I scored a 41 on my blood draw in March this year, a 281 in July, and a 31 this month.  My endo told me not to worry about the crash - I'm age 59 and it's bound to happen she said.  I said AGH!

Rita - please post your story.  I am among the eager to read it.  Mine is boring people here at Susan's.

1956:  Birth (AMAB)
1974-1985:  Transition (core transition:  1977-1985)
1977:  Enrolled in Stanford University Medical Center's 'Gender Dysphoria Program'
1978:  First transition medical appointment
1978:  Corresponded with Janus Information Facility (Galveston)
1978:  Changed my SSA file to Sharon / female
1979:  First psychological evaluation - passed
1979:  Began ERT (Norinyl, DES, Premarin, estradiol, progesterone)
1980:  Arizona affirmed me legally as Sharon / female
1980:  MVD changed my licence to Sharon / female
1980:  First bank account as Sharon / female
1982:  Inter-sex exploratory:  diagnosed Inter-sex (genetically female)
1983:  Inter-sex corrective surgery
1984:  Full-blown 'male fail' phase
1985:  Transition complete to female full-time forever
2015:  Awakening from self-imposed deep stealth and isolation
2015 - 2016:  Chettawut Clinic - patient companion and revision
Today:  Happy!
Future:  I wanna return to Bangkok with other Thai experience friends

•  

abd789

I posted a long and somewhat graphic story, but I think it caused some wrinkles in the universe and I removed it.

Some things I dont understand, and may be its coincidental.... but for now...Ill keep it to myself :-\
  •  

Bunter

Being intersex has nothing to do with gender identity, intersex people can have all kinds of gender identity and can ID as transsexual.
Intersex is a purely physical thing.
  •