Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Parents x.x

Started by -May-, September 19, 2015, 10:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-May-

So, I told my parents how I feel a long time ago.

At first they only told me that they are not okay with it and I am wrong.
But after such a long time without changing, I guess they know that I was serious. Now that they know I was serious, they tell me they don't want a trans child and that I am either their son or nothing at all to them.

I don't see this going anywhere, they are the least supportive people I have ever met, they make me feel down and depressed, they make me cry and cut myself and they just don't care.

I told them that I want to be adressed as May, they just plain said "No you don't."
I told them I want to be referred to as their daughter, they just plain said "No you don't."
I told them how much they hurt me with their behaviour, they say it is my fault and I am the one who should change.

I asked them why they hate this so much and all they say is "Because you are our son." and I honestly hate them so much right now...
I swear to god it feels like I am talking to 7 years old, stubborn children rather than my parents.

Do you think there is anything left I could do to make them accept me as I am?
I am not allowed to do anything like HRT without their approval either, and there is no way they are going to allow me to do things like that.
  •  

Dops

Hello may,  is their a relative who may be more accepting? Maybe a grandmother who is supportive, I understand that you might not in which case this won't help but, sometimes getting through to them can help your parents be a little more accepting. I'm not sure it will work but it might. I hope it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: -May- on September 19, 2015, 10:35:20 AM
Do you think there is anything left I could do to make them accept me as I am?
I am not allowed to do anything like HRT without their approval either, and there is no way they are going to allow me to do things like that.

Make sure they understand these four facts:
* You did not choose to be trans.
* There is nothing you can do to make it go away.
* Being trans can very literally destroy people who ignore it. Severe anxiety and depression are common among us.
* Transition is effective. Trans people can live wonderful, giving, loving, powerful lives after transitioning.

I don't hold out a lot of hope. It seems their attitudes are shaped by hate, but it can't hurt. I'd suggest repeating the above facts periodically - sometimes when people hear something multiple times, they will begin to think about it. I've heard of parents who were ready to kick their kids out of the house, make about-faces and become accepting.

Hugs, May. You are in a really difficult situation. Give yourself credit for being a strong person. Things will get better. Hang in there. We're here when you need us.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

-May-

I do tell them all those things periodically, it doesn't look like it will get better though

Most of my family is like that, so I don't think there are many relatives better than my parents...

But thank you for trying to help! I will find a way eventually o3o
  •