Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"are you becoming a crossdresser?"

Started by sparrow, September 20, 2015, 04:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

I've gotten to the point where I'm honestly answering questions from my mom.  I'm not out to her yet, 'cause she's been so bad about nonbinary transpeople in the past.

Last time she saw me, I was in a very loud pink shirt and some rather short shorts.  To that, she said "do you have something you want to tell me?".  "Nope."  I'm very eloquent and long-winded, you see.

Today, I was wearing a burnt orange fitted tee, a dark gray cardigan, capri blue jeans, flip-flops with my nails dark purple.  I'm kinda clashing.  Whatever.  I don't need to match to be cute.  Eh... I don't even need to be cute anymore.  She looks me over and says "Capris?  Are you becoming a cross dresser?"  Ready for my very eloquent, long-winded response?  "Nope." 

We were hanging out for a bit today, and while we were in the car, I was mulling over possible responses -- explaining that "cross dressing" is something that binary people do.  That *all* clothes are gender-appropriate for me.  That I'm not "becoming," I'm arrived.  But... I didn't figure out how to say all I wanted to say by the time we went our separate ways, so I never came back to it.

Oh well.  While I'm not exactly out, I'm not hiding anymore either.  Feels good to be me.  She's picking up the ever-more-obvious hints I'm dropping, so hopefully it'll make a bit more sense when I do finally fill her in.
  •  

Allison Wunderland

Ironic that we're sorta ambiguous about cis-gender here. I wear most of this stuff, less the clash.And cis-M.There's a middle space, and it's getting wider.

Technically "drag" is a parody costume of exaggerated female attire. Cross-dress is a costume. When fashion seamlessly spans across the hetero-normative dyad, then we're moving ahead.

Labels are dropping.
"Let us appropriate & subvert the semiotic hegemony of the hetero-normative dyad."

"My performativity has changed since reading Dr. Judith Butler, Ph.D., Berkeley."
  •