Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Tragic September...

Started by StrykerXIII, September 21, 2015, 08:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrykerXIII

Posting this in the pet board because, well, it involves my pets, but it's all bad news. I just need to get it out of my system so that maybe I can move on with things...

This has truly been a bad month for us...at the beginning of the month, I lost Baron, a cat that I rescued from downtown Lexington and almost lost my job over, to what seemed to have been heart failure.

Then, my Panama Amazon, Zeki, and my Sun Conure, Mango, pulled a jailbreak from their cages and escaped the house through a hole in the air conditioning unit in the kitchen while the girlfriend and I were both at work...

Last week, Leilani and Ramsay, two of our three sugar gliders, died of dehydration after their water bottle malfunctioned while she was at work and I was sleeping...Google, the third glider, managed to pull through.

Somewhere along the way, my turtle died...

And this morning, about twenty minutes ago, I found Bhaskara, my lesser sulfur-crested cockatoo, who was my dearest little boy, lying dead in his cage...we assume he died of a broken heart, as Zeki, who vanished, was his only friend, and was like a brother to him.

I have cried more this month than I have in the last few years combined...I'm terrified by it. I'm afraid that I'm going to lose all of them...if my other cockatoo passes as well, I may very well lose my mind.

I just...I needed to get this out. I'm sorry if this becomes a really strong downer for anyone, I just...I had to get it out of my system. Thank you, to those who took the time to read this...I'm not in a good place right now.
To strive to reach the apex of evolution is folly, for to achieve the pinnacle is to birth a god.

When the Stryker fires, all turn to dust in its wake.
  •  

kittenpower

I'm sorry for the loss of your loved ones. Take care, and may God bless and watch over them.
  •