Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Cali Passport help?

Started by Aazhie, October 12, 2015, 03:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aazhie

I have changed DL, BC and other misc things but the Passport change is the hardest for me. In California, overall had no issues getting anything changed so far.  Can I get advice on what form is the best to use and what the cost might be close to?  I have been told by a post office employee that there is a much cheaper option to use for changing name and gender but I am super confused by which one it is??! The website is unclear and calling for help is a huge pain in the rump as well as anxiety inducing.
I am not in a massive hurry to figure this out, no plans to travel and will be pretty dang broke. I'd like to get it done... eventually, perhaps for New Year's but it takes me a long time to get moving on these things XD

Thanks for any help!
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
Johnny Cash
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Tysilio

The State Dept. has everything you need to know on its website. Here's the link to the interactive instructions for applying for or renewing a passport; there's even a box to check for "name change."
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/apply.html

And this is the page that tells you how to handle gender reassignment -- it even has a sample physician's letter.
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/gender.html#Inproc

I did this last summer, following these instructions, and it went very smoothly.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Aazhie

Devlyn I actually just got that page to load,for some reason it was coming up as an error! Thanks :)  Thought maybe it had moved!

Tysilio, awesome, thank you :)
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
Johnny Cash
  •  

iKate

Basically you are applying for a new passport with what you would normally apply with plus any court order to change your name and the doctor's letter to correct the gender designation.

The one my doctor used is this. It covers all bases for passports and other things. Maybe your doctor can use it as a model.

•