Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

my father accept my identity but forbid until I am adult for reassignment

Started by andreaskvh, October 19, 2015, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreaskvh

My father accept my gender identity is a girl, but he forbid me until I am adult to experience reassignment. I am 15. I know lot of peoples parents not at all accept who they are. I am glad he accept me, but you think I should speak more strong about I don't want waiting for adult for having this? Thank you, André
  •  

Dena

Depending on where you live, there are limit to what you can do. Most places you can be placed on blockers and allowed to cross live but hormones and surgery may have to wait until you are older. Blockers at your age would stop your male development making transition much less costly, painful and the outcome would be better. Should you decide not to transition the blockers would be discontinued and you would continue to develop as before. I would want to make a case for blockers and living as a girl but hormones and surgery can wait.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

andreaskvh

We live in US part of the time and Germany part of the time. I don't have my puberty yet, do that make it more simple?
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: andreaskvh on October 19, 2015, 05:07:24 PM
My father accept my gender identity is a girl, but he forbid me until I am adult to experience reassignment. I am 15. I know lot of peoples parents not at all accept who they are. I am glad he accept me, but you think I should speak more strong about I don't want waiting for adult for having this? Thank you, André

It might be worthwhile to explain to him about gender dysphoria - how crushingly awful the feelings it produces can be. Most people who have never felt it don't understand the seriousness.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Dena

Quote from: andreaskvh on October 19, 2015, 06:28:49 PM
We live in US part of the time and Germany part of the time. I don't have my puberty yet, do that make it more simple?
At age 15 you have been in puberty 2 or 3 years but you may not have shown the signs yet. My guess is that your feelings are only a few years old as they often start when you first enter puberty. Puberty would include erections, facial hair, lower voice and more muscles than you had before. People don't always show puberty in the same way and puberty can be fast or occurs over an extended period of time.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

andreaskvh

Quote from: Dena on October 19, 2015, 06:58:28 PM
Puberty would include erections, facial hair, lower voice and more muscles than you had before.

My body have some development delays and I don't have these things happen yet. I still appear like a young child. It is hard for people to see if I am a boy or girl. I have very long hairs and most people thinks I am a girl.
  •  

Laura_7

You could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,197523.msg1756901.html#msg1756901

You might say you want to talk to a gender therapist, to help sort this out.
They can help you along the way and support you.

*hugs*
  •  

Dena

If you haven't had any development yet, it's possible you are intersex or have a genetic issue. That would be something your doctor should check out and it might be part of the reason you feel the way you do. If the treatment plan is something you are not in agreement with, protest it because sometimes they still just give male hormones even though that may not be in your best interest.
  •  

andreaskvh

Thank you Dena. What exactly is intersex? Sorry, English is not my first language so I have not heard this word before.
  •  

Dena

Interex is a bit complicated. It means somewhere between male and female. Sometimes the causes are genetic and other times in can be the result of exposure to the wrong sex hormone before birth. Many times the differences are spotted at the time of birth because of differences in the bottom appearance but not everything is detected at the time of birth unless much more involved tests are run. Genetic test would be required to detect a XXY chromosome combination and blood hormone levels would be required to detect a lower than normal male hormone level which might indicated another issue in your body. I don't know when the last time you saw a doctor was but at your age, the doctor should be a little curious if you aren't showing normal male development at your age. The best treatment would be to have the body conform to the brain as what the brain feels can't be altered.

I just checked the translate application and the word should be the same in english and german.
  •  

andreaskvh

Thank you very much. I am looking at this and it sound like it apply to me.
  •