Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Question - Identity Documents Belgium

Started by Abbieabbie, October 29, 2015, 01:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbieabbie

Hi I am from the UK I am a post op woman. I have not had the fortune to be able to update my birth certificate as my partner is not permitted to come to the UK (repeatedly denied spouse visas due to her being trans) and us married to see a solicitor with me to get over the spouse veto otherwise I would have a GRC. I have my passport and driving license changed to female with correct identity markers and proof of surgery from Dr Bellringer.

I am moving to Belgium very soon. Will I be able to get the correct gender marker on the Belgium Identity Card? I am seriously worried I will not and it causes me lots of anxiety.

Thank You

Abbie
  •  

SorchaC

Hi Abbie,

Being a UK citizen who also has a GRC I understand how you must be frustrated. They make them hard to get and most don't bother from my understanding.

I am a bit confused about the refusal of a visa because you can marry or have a civil union in the UK with other trans people. However when you go to Belgium I would anticipate that you will be asked to produce your passport and UK/EU Driving licence. Most countries don't need a birth certificate due to your own country requiring it as proof when issuing a passport.

If you want a chat about it more privately just PM me but whatever way i wish you all the best in Belgium and your new life

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
Full Time : July 2007,  ;D ;D
HRT : December 2007,
GRC, (Gender Changed on Birth Certificate) December 2009,  :eusa_clap:
SRS Dr Chettawut March 2015, ;D ;D
  •  

Abbieabbie

Thank You I got issued a residence card without any issues just providing my passport. I am still outside the UK living elsewhere in the EU. Thank You for your help.
  •