Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Glucose may be high...

Started by InBetween, September 22, 2007, 11:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InBetween

Okay, so both my parents are diabetic....lately my glucose has been higher than it should be...about a year ago it was 226 ONCE, but it hasn't been so high since (may have actually just been a fluke). It was, however, 149 about an hour after a fruit role-up a couple of days ago, and then 125 an hour or so after lunch the next day, then 105 this morning before eating anything (about 14 hours without a meal). Tonight it was 121 random glucose, although more than two or even three hours after eating though. I hadn't checked my glucose for a long time (as I am not diabetic) before this. The last times I checked before this week, my range seemed to be 80-110 generally (In the 80's or 90's before eating, 90's-110 after). I have never been offically tested, really.

Now none of this is terrible...the normal range from what I know is about 70-99 before meals (especially when just waking) and 100-120 after meals (about an hour or so after). So if high at all, it is only slightly for the most part. I probably will get tested (the doctor wants that anyway, before even the higher values started showing).

Now, while not horrible, this is higher than it SHOULD be, at least for me, and this is a concern because testosterone can cause prediabetes/diabetes. If I ever DO decide to fully, medically transition, that is.

Random worried rant :P

-Merrick
  •  

Suzy

Honey, I'm no MD, but I am a diabetic.  And if your readings are in that range you are fine for now.  But if you are worried about it, have the doc run the tests.  It will show your trends for the past 6 months.  My doctor told me that if your fasting glucose (first thing in the morning) is higher than 130 for three days in a row, you are considered a diabetic.  But take it from me, I learned the hard way.  Especially if you have it in your family, do keep a very close eye on it, exercise daily, limit your carbs, and cut out sugar.  If you do that you may never have problems. 

Best of luck!

Kristi
  •  

Sarah Louise

I also am diabetic (and have been all of my life).

Direct from the manual for my diabetes test monitor:  The fasting adult blood glucose range for a nondiabetic is between 70 mg/dL and less that 110 mg/dL.  Two (2) hours after meals, the blood glucose level for a nondiabetic is less than 140 mg/dL.  Your doctor will determine the range that is best for you.

In general your results don't look that bad, especially since you are testing it after only one hour instead of two (2).

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •