Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Dothan Murder Arrest

Started by Brenda, June 02, 2005, 11:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenda

Dothan Murder Arrest

A suspect in the shooting that left one man dead and another injured over the weekend is behind bars.

Police say 19-year-old Steven Antonio Kyles already confessed to slaying 30-year-old Alonzo Anthony Nickson aka "Ashley" a transvestite.

Read More

And a follow-up...

Kyles Stands Before Judge

Steven Antonio Kyles stood before Judge John Steensland and indicated that he did indeed fire his weapon at both victims, leaving one dead and the other wounded.

Kyles stook before the judge and said it was an accident.

He is now facing felony murder charges for shooting 30-year-old Alonza "Ashley" Nickson early Sunday morning and could also be charged with attempted murder for shooting the other wounded victim.

Read More

Yet another follow-up...

Kyles Bond

A ruling has been reversed, and bond has been set at $250,000 for a Dothan man accused of killing a cross-dresser earlier this month.

Read More

Unsolicited advice, avoid Dothan, Alabama.
  •  

Rose Dawson

How can they let this guy out on bond? He's clearly admitted to murdering "Ashley"; may be charged with attempted murder on another individual and has a history of gun-related problems, all of which has been within the same month! :icon_raving:

What sort of message is the Court trying to tell us here? I've yet to understand some of the logic applied in criminal cases. :eusa_wall:

I, for one, am comforted to know that a self-proclaimed murderer with a history of gun problems is roaming about. I'll sleep better knowing he has a gun and can use it as his discretion.
  •  

michelle

Must the National Rifle Association protect this idiot's right to bare arms.

All puns intended.
Be true to yourself.  The future will reveal itself in its own due time.    Find the calm at the heart of the storm.    I own my womanhood.

I am a 69-year-old transsexual school teacher grandma & lady.   Ethnically I am half Irish  and half Scandinavian.   I can be a real bitch or quite loving and caring.  I have never taken any hormones or had surgery, I am out 24/7/365.
  •  

Leigh

The NRA does defend the The second ammendment.

They also push for enforcement of the laws that are already on the books.

I would condemn the court system that allows criminals almost instant access to freedom rather than an organization that pushes for enforcement.
  •  

Rose Dawson

And on a related note, the original article mentioned the fact that the suspect may not have been aware that "Ashley" was a man and when the suspect came to find out this (shocking) discovery, he may have went ballistic and shot her.

Since this is still speculation, I'll say this: First of all, I'm not saying that anyone deserves to be killed - as murder is a senseless act - but let's consider this:

If "Ashley" were to have told the suspect that indeed she was a man, would he have reacted this way? If "Ashley" was upfront from the beginning and not deceitful about this, could this all have been avoided?
  •  

beth_finallyme

We can put signs on our backs so no one will be confused, no that wont work cause im not a man.

I guess the woman murdered for her diamond necklass shouldn't have been wearing it, it's not her fault she was murdered but she could have avoided it.

sorry to be sarcastic but it's how this makes me feel.

lying about gender is not a capitol offence, if someone spit in her face for lying then she may have deserved that.

beth
  •  

Rose Dawson

Quote from: beth on June 03, 2005, 01:03:08 AM
lying about gender is not a capitol offence, if someone spit in her face for lying then she may have deserved that.
You're absolutely correct!

Please re-read my post. I said that murder (or any kind of violence) is unacceptable in any situation. The question I posed was not, 'If she lied, shouldn't she be murdered?' but rather my question was, "Had she either been up-front about who she is or had she chosen not to have sexual relations with this man, could the situation itself have been avoided?

P.S. If I've misunderstood your post, please let me know.
  •  

beth_finallyme

Hi Rose,

It isnt a big point but i guess we just see it differently. of course not lying prolly would have avoided her being murdered. Not dressing in female clothes would have too. not ever meeting anyone would avoid being murdered also. Staying home in a big steel box would work too. Where do you draw the line? the simple fact is she was murdered and that shouldnt happen no matter what she did.

I see your point and it is valid also.

beth :)
  •  

Svetlana

i read of these kinds of things, and people are still surprised when i say to them that if i'm going to move somewhere, i don't want to consider anywhere in america.

then again, it's not like other countries are much better.  but then again, in lots of other countries, a knife's going to be easier to avoid getting killed by than a gun.  and if a maniac is going to be set loose amongst the pidgeons, i'd rather i was somewhere where he or she would be at least stopped if he or she were seen with a gun.

of course this is much more a fault of a frankly idiotic and ludicrous justice system that seems to exist kinda everywhere, than it is the fault of one country's gun policy.  but nevertheless, given that failing, and given that criminals are going to get off lightly wherever you are - i'd just rather not be in america.

call me paranoid if you will.  i don't think it's particularly unreasonable.
  •  

Dennis

Without wanting to sound anti-American, because I'm not, I do agree with you, Lana. Since 9/11 and the subsequent measures introduced in the name of national security, the US is looking more and more like Gilead in the Handmaid's Tale. I'm seriously considering not even travelling there again once I get chest surgery in SF this summer.

It's scary when religion is allowed to dictate any nation's policy, be it Iraq or be it the US.

Dennis
  •