News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hey Guys and Girls

Started by Noah, November 15, 2015, 05:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Long Shot here, but I live in SA
But wondering if any where in Australia does Top surgery with out needing to be on T or a psychs letter.
Damn waiting times here, I really need to get something off my chest
  •  

Ms Grace

Hi from Sydney! Sorry, don't know the answer to your question - I suspect a letter will be required but you never know.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Laura_7

This is from another posting:

Quote from: Morgan. on November 04, 2011, 07:50:47 AM
Where abouts in NSW are you from? If you visit http://www.ftmaustralia.org/publications/health-and-service-providers-listing-hsp, they have a regularly updated list of Heath/Service Providers in Australia who are all transfriendly/experienced in meeting the needs of the Australian trans community - it includes GPs, endos, psychologists, etc. for the majority of areas in Australia.

The list is free to anyone who requests it - just read through the page and at the end there will be an email address you can contact. Just explain that you are looking for a counsellor near your area and you'd like a copy of the list to look at.

They usually reply quite quickly. I messaged them in the morning and had an email back with the list by the early afternoon.  :)

Hope this helps.

You might contact them, they might be able to answer your questions...
alternatively you might have a look at their list and ask docs directly...

another alternative would be to look for a thai surgeon and ask there...

here is a map...
http://www.topsurgery.net/surgeons/

there are more than on the map... for example quite a few surgeons do both mtf and ftm surgery...
  •  

Tristyn

Quote from: Noah on November 15, 2015, 05:39:47 AM
Damn waiting times here, I really need to get something off my chest

Hello Noah and welcome! =)

I'm sorry but that was a really good pun (and a funny one) in this situation. I feel ya, bro.

But yeah, I wish I knew the answer to your inquiry. Keep asking around though and whatever you do, never give up!

~Nixy~
  •  

Rainbow Bay

Hi Noah

So I asked my friend who is a transman and he said that it's possible to get top surgery without being on T but you will definitely need a letter from a psych. I think it's protocol for all gender related surgery in Australia.
  •  

Noah

Quote from: Rainbow Bay on December 10, 2015, 03:30:07 AM
Hi Noah

So I asked my friend who is a transman and he said that it's possible to get top surgery without being on T but you will definitely need a letter from a psych. I think it's protocol for all gender related surgery in Australia.

Thank you for that :)
guess its just hard cause im not yet seeing a psych
due to waiting lists
  •  

Cindy

I'm still trying to move you forward on the list.
  •