Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Funny Words

Started by KyleEdric, November 18, 2015, 08:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyleEdric

It might seem like a bit of a strange question but, are there any words that make you laugh?
I'm curious, since I have found a few words make me laugh involuntarily, and I have a few friends who can't say certain words without laughing, either.

"I know your soul is not tainted, even though you've been told so."~Ghost 'Cirice'

•  

Beth Andrea

Two words for me...

"Boeing" (a local aircraft manufacturer, perhaps you've heard of them) sounds a lot like "boing" which for some odd reason makes me giggle. They make good planes, but the way the name reminds me of a bouncy ball...;)

The other word is "titty sprinkles", which isnt funny in itself, but when combined with a pic of Morgan Freeman is a giggle event itself. (Google it)

Yes, I'm weird.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

KyleEdric

lol no that was great! XD Boing is a pretty funny word.

Two that do it for me are "Stupendous" because it sounds like a Dr. Seuss word, and "Blimp" because it sounds cute and chubby.
"I know your soul is not tainted, even though you've been told so."~Ghost 'Cirice'

•  

janetcgtv

Not in a word so to speak as I am a punster.

like I could me riding with a friend and say as we are passing Nottingham Street I would say watch out for the sheriff

or passing a street called Paris I would say I didn't know we were in France.

I would hold the door for people leaving a restaurant or somewhere else and tell them that It will be five bucks.
So far everyone laughs.
I would probably get a heart attack if someone paid me.
  •  

Beth Andrea

A stupendous blimp went "boing!" when it landed on some spitty trinkles.

Threw in a spoonerism for good measure...watcha think? Did I reach too far?

I'll just sit down now.  ;D
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Jill F

I don't know any funny words.  :P
  •