Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Anyone else experience this with Hrt?

Started by .Christy, December 02, 2015, 02:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Christy

early into my hrt (~2months) my right eye area has started to twitch on and off. first it was right under my right eye that was twitching, now it's my right eyelid. sometimes it goes away for a while, but it comes back and i have no idea what nutrients im lacking since my doctor said all my lab values were within normal range. it doesnt hurt or anything, it's just annoying. im pretty sure spiro is causing it.

anyone else have this eye twitching/facial muscle twitching problem? how did you fix it? ty!
My life doesn't exist in this lifetime.

•  

katrinaw

Involuntary twitching, yes I have had that for many years, both before Spiro and HRT and since, just occasional and Dr's told me its just muscle twitches...
But go and check it out just in case, I did and it was nothing

Katy xxx
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

RobynD

Often muscle ticks are caused by lack of potassium, but if you are on Spiro, your body will store lots of that. I'd mention it to your doc on the next visit.

•  

KayXo

Could be from electrolyte imbalance as Spiro increases sodium loss and potassium retention. Be sure to eat enough SALT and drink enough plain water. Limit or avoid diuretics, high potassium drinks.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Asche

Quote from: KayXo on December 02, 2015, 01:29:34 PM
Limit or avoid diuretics, high potassium drinks.
Does that include chocolate?

I'm a serious abuser of chocolate.
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

KayXo

I found that since HRT, chocolate is a strong stimulant (similar to coffee) and I can't tolerate it anymore. This could be because one of its constituents, theobromine, especially present in dark chocolate, is metabolized by enzymes that are also active when one takes certain medications like estrogen or progesterone ORALLY (cyp 1a2). Grapefruits and certain other supplements/medications, etc. can also interfere with metabolization of theobromine, making effect stronger.

Estrogen is also a stimulant, giving you energy so together with chocolate could get you in overdrive...trial and error. Try and see how you feel without it, perhaps.

Also, a strong craving for dark chocolate or chocolate in general could be a symptom of depression, anxiety caused by a disequilibrium in hormones or psychological/life factors and this is the reason you twitch...anxiety! ...not chocolate.

Go see a doctor, get their opinion. I'm just throwing out ideas, could be wrong...but who knows?! I do better without chocolate personally, I get too nervous on chocolate or coffee unless I'm depressed which was the case when I was very low on hormones.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

jessical

I get eye twitches if I don't get enough sleep, or if there is too much light in the room I am sleeping in.  It seems to be independent of HRT.
  •  

.Christy

Thanks for the replies  :) I will bring it up with my doc during my next checkup. The thing is i've been eating more salt and drinking a lot of fluids more than ever due to spiro diuretic effects and i haven't touched a banana since starting hrt. i rarely eat chocolate and never drink coffee, im well rested every day and im not under any major stress that would cause anxiety so idk what's really causing it ._.

update: now im feeling it inside my leg, like right under the quad muscles.

•  

KayXo

The question is...are you really eating enough salt and I hope it's not salt substitute. Sounds to me like electrolyte imbalance...but your doctor will know. :) Keep us posted.

beverages you should avoid are fruit juices, energy drinks that contain too much potassium or some mineral waters, perhaps.

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

WendyA

Quote from: .Christy on December 02, 2015, 09:49:28 PM
Thanks for the replies  :) I will bring it up with my doc during my next checkup. The thing is i've been eating more salt and drinking a lot of fluids more than ever due to spiro diuretic effects and i haven't touched a banana since starting hrt. i rarely eat chocolate and never drink coffee, im well rested every day and im not under any major stress that would cause anxiety so idk what's really causing it ._.

update: now im feeling it inside my leg, like right under the quad muscles.

It's almost 3 weeks on, how are you getting along?  Hope you are well.

FYI fruit juices, energy drinks and potassium supplements are something to avoid but regular consumption of whole foods such as bananas or potatoes are fine, unless you plan acquire all of your calories from these items.
  •  

.Christy

my next checkup is in feb 2016, ill bring it up with my doc before that over the phone since i have to call to renew my prescriptions.

ive been adding extra table salt (no substitutes) to everything im eating to replace the lost sodium. my doc said it was a bit low last checkup.

•