Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

11-year-old girl to take first steps in becoming a boy after years of torment

Started by Ms Grace, December 21, 2015, 01:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Grace

11-year-old girl to take first steps in becoming a boy after years of torment
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/year-old-girl-to-take-first-steps-in-becoming-a-boy-after-years-of-torment/story-fnj94idh-1227683815253

Lucy Kinbacher | Gold Coast Bulletin

Savvy Klee is just 11 years of age but already she knows the thing she wants most in life is to be a boy.

Born Savarnni, the Ormeau youngster has already taken the first steps towards changing her gender after years of torment.

In the new year she will ­officially register the change of name which will also allow her to be recognised as a male at school and she will begin testosterone treatment.

"I don't feel like a girl," she said yesterday.

"I feel like I should have been born a boy but something got mixed up when I was in mum's tummy, I think — maybe it was the weird food she ate.

"My brain feels like it's a boy but my body thinks it's a girl.

"I do not like being a girl at all."

An article in which the child is misgendered throughout. Ugh.

Interesting comment about him starting testosterone treatment at age 12... wonder if that's true or they're really referring to blockers?
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Ritana

That's a beautiful story; however, I think we should rrspect the child's gender identity and refer to him as a "he", Ms Grqce.

Ritana
A post-op woman
  •  

Ms Grace

I agree - sadly it appears the journalist who wrote the story doesn't and is the one who wrote the whole article using the wrong pronouns, not I... :)
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Elis

It's amazing how his own mum is using the right pronouns; but the 'journalist' (not sure if that's the right word because they couldn't get their facts straight) was unable to do the same thing  ::)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Peep

•