Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"Coming out"

Started by sayuw, December 24, 2015, 06:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayuw

I already told my parents a month or so ago.
My mother would be veeery supportive, my father doesn't care at all.
The thing now is - there wasn't much after it.
I really want to start Crossdressing but I just can't convince myself to ask my mother to buy me stuff (since I would be way too embarrassed to do it myself).
So I wanted to ask - How should I ask my mother and what should I get for the first time? (MtF)
Another thing is that I would be really embarrassed too if my father would see me like this but oh well.
  •  

preston j sannicolas

I'm in the same boat I would love to know ad well
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. What you are feeing is normal and the only way forward is to make up your mind that you need to do it. I was old enough that I could mail order what I needed but at some point I needed to put it on and walk out the door. I knew that was the only way I would feel better about myself so I did it. It's not easy but right now it's one of the few things between you and the new world waiting for you. It's a decision you have to make for your self. Think of it as a short term problem because I promise you that once you get out that door it becomes easer and you will become comfortable doing it. Your therapist might be able to help you with it but in the end, you have to decide it's the right thing for you to do.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

sayuw

Well, it would be easier for me if I wouldn't have social anxiety which is in my way. Otherwise it wouldn't be that hard (I guess?). I don't even go outside normally, but that's not the case now.
  •  

Dena

I am not real familiar with social anxiety but I think the treatment may include medication, therapy and immersion. You will need to learn there is nothing to fear and also to ignore the stories about things that happen to TG people. I have been living as a woman for 35 years and have never been mistreated in public. People have always been polite, never stared at me unless I was taking somebody else out who was a bundle of nerves and never commented to me about my background. Many others have told me the same so you have little to fear.

It also helps if you go out in public with somebody you trust. The can help distract you from thinking about what is happening around you and you have security in numbers. The first time I went in public, it was by myself but I have helped others become comfortable in public.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

purplewuggybird

To answer and help with cross dressing: if you have any really good friends of the transitioning-to gender they may be willing to help you. I have started shopping on my own and frankly most store people get it and treat me exactly like any other girl shopping for clothes. However the first few times with friends were scary but it's gets better!
Stay strong,
Purple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just trying to share the love <3!
  •  

Shandril

Youd be surprised how accepting people are at clothing outlets, it is after all their job to sell clothes.

If your still super shy id suggest hitting up a walmart or a bigger box store, pile up some clothes on your cart and get a dressing room.

The most they do there is count the articles of clothing, and if they give you an odd look, return it lol they are what i consider single serving people and in no way will they ever affect your life unless you let them in.

~Shan~

•