Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Koala kicked out of his tree - and cries

Started by Cindy, January 08, 2016, 12:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

This was taken just around the corner from where I use to live in the Adelaide hills

He was safe.

For my OS friends :-*
  •  

Tessa James

Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

rosinstraya

[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
  •  

stephaniec

wow, that's a cry you could learn to love, not. Nails scratching a blackboard might be better.
  •  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Cindy

Ahhh and everyone thinks they are so cute a cuddly. Unfortunately they mate at night and use to in the tree outside my bedroom. The pre and post coital discussions were far from a turn on ::)

But as an Aussie I was safe with my accent telling them to bugga off
  •  

Ms Grace

This is somethin' I drew a while ago for an environmental law handbook...

Sad koala is sad...
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Cindy

So true! And so sad. We lose lots in SA from being run over trying to cross the freeways to get to other trees.
  •  

rosinstraya

[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
  •  

Noah

i once had one walk right up and past my cat on the side walk
needless to say my cat wasnt too impressed
  •  

stephaniec

I'm in Evanston , Il. in the US all we have are skunks and chipmunks . It's best to stay away from the skunks though.
  •  

stephaniec

•  

roxie rudi

The film somehow reminds me of an area I know of in suburban Port Macquarie, it's on the way to nearby Lighthouse Beach. My sister and her ex once owned an Italian restaurant there and the area I'm referring to had a "koala hospital" in it. Obviously a veterinary station for wounded koalas because there was a huge population of these chappies along this part of the coast. Also a terrible disease which affects them in a most painful way on a bodily organ which I won't mention was running rampant through the poor critters. Hope they're fine these days though.
The main thing is the bully didn't kick it in this part of its body because all I can say is OUCH! If this had happened I can understand anyone crying like that, especially if the little guy is a male.
BTW my zoological ignorance is why I don't give the furry guys any gender specific pronouns. Not because I don't love mother nature or respect native animals because WE ALL SHOULD. NO MATTER WHAT. Had to throw that in. Too many idiots in Australia think it's nothing to shoot an animal in her/his/their natural habitat or even beat up an LGBT person in her/his/their natural habitat.
Be beautiful! Be brave!
  •