News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

5 Things I Learned Taking Testosterone

Started by stephaniec, January 10, 2016, 08:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

5 Things I Learned Taking Testosterone

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leo-caldwell/5-things-i-learned-taking_b_8917498.html?utm_hp_ref=transgender

The Huffington Post/By Leo Caldwell    01/10/2016

"Disclaimer: This is my experience alone. I don't speak for any other transpeople or anyone else taking testosterone.

A one and half inch long needle penetrates deep into my muscle and pushes the culturally-prescribed masculinity into my system. The first few months of my testosterone injections I had no idea what I was opening in my soul, my mind and my body. I thought I was simply going to grow some hair. Hopefully only on my face and not my butt (spoiler: it grew on my butt). Maybe gain some muscle growth. It didn't occur to me that I'd gain a deeper understanding of the masculine mystique."
  •  

Maybebaby56

Wow, that was something.  I have not experienced anything like that on the feminine side.  My decision to transition was more important in influencing my behavior than any estrogen in my body, or at least I think so.  I started letting down my guard and started acting more like myself.  Then again, I still present as male in public, so there are no social cues to reinforce my feminine identity.

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •