Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Extreme fear of gaining weight on testosterone!HELP!

Started by armadillokilljoy, January 16, 2016, 06:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armadillokilljoy

I'm a really short guy(5'2") and i've had problems with eating healthy amounts for a long while.  I'll be starting t within the next year hopefully and i heard most guys gain weight.   With my height i feel like i'm going to be a pudgy guy even though i've always been considered underweight.  Any tips to keep weight off or conquer my fear of eating?
  •  

JLT1

High protein, low fat diet and work out with weights.  You will want to gain muscle.

Jenn
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Deborah

You could get an account at myfitnesspal and begin tracking what you eat.  That's what I do.  Then you can control it closely to be sure your neither eating too much or too little and be sure your diet is good on nutrients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

lionheart

I think a lot of the weight gain that comes with T is just muscle mass. However, you might find yourself a lot hungrier in the first few months after starting T, in which case you just need to watch what you're eating. I wouldn't worry too much about it though.
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. You should have a talk with your doctor about what is a healthy weight range for your hight and body type. Take it from somebody who was on T, you will find it easer to burn off the extra food and it will tend to build muscles instead of fat. The warning is you may be hungry so you should limit snacking where you can't watch your calorie intake and watch what you eat at meals. Estrogen makes it easy to pile on the pounds and as you are moving toward T, you need to be a little careful but you shouldn't have much to fear.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Kylo

I eat like a horse without even noticing; the best way I found to still be able to do that and not gain weight was a low carb diet like Atkins where you burn fat instead of storing it. However, if you're on T it's advisable to limit your fat intake too - you really need to look after your cardiovascular system once on T...

So the best option really would be to get on the healthiest diet you can for your body which would be low carb, low fat, lots of fruit and veg, treat junk food like it's radioactive.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

FTMax

I either reverse the proportion of carbs to vegetables from the typical American meal, or replace the carbs entirely with vegetables. It just depends what kind of veggies I have around. But that seems to work as far as not gaining weight.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •