Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transparent: Regendering Childhood Photos

Started by Randi, January 16, 2016, 04:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randi

In season 2, episode 8, Maura displays an album of childhood photos that have been "regendered".

Her childhood photos have been altered to make them appear female.  I wonder if there is a company that actually does this.

I would think that many of us feel a sense of loss because our childhood pictures show a gender we can't identify with.

When I look at pictures of myself at an early age, I can see the girl inside.

Randi 
  •  

dbkap

Hello, I am a graphic designer and I was moved by that episode of Transparent. I haven't done it before, but I am interested to try regendering someone's childhood photograph. Please PM me so that we can discuss (or continue the thread if PM is not allowed here).
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: dbkap on September 27, 2016, 11:41:05 AM
Hello, I am a graphic designer and I was moved by that episode of Transparent. I haven't done it before, but I am interested to try regendering someone's childhood photograph. Please PM me so that we can discuss (or continue the thread if PM is not allowed here).

Thanks for the offer to help people and welcome to our site. I also appreciate you did not include a link that had a commercial site.

Commercial links are not allowed on the site. As a newly posting member, you cannot respond to PM's till you reach a count of 15 quality posts. At that point, you can PM, add an avatar and do a few other things that newer members cannot. However, email is a viable option as well as posting  in this topic.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Thea

I hope I'm not in violation saying this but I use Portrait Pro. I have used it to regender my own photos and have been very happy with the results.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Jacqueline

Quote from: TinaW on September 27, 2016, 01:46:39 PM
I hope I'm not in violation saying this but I use Portrait Pro. I have used it to regender my own photos and have been very happy with the results.

No problem saying that. I was saying that newer members are not allowed to post links to  a commercial site.

sincerely,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

FreeWhitney

I had wondered the same thing after watching that episode of Transparent.  I ended up finding the website regenderme.com and it was pretty expensive, but they did an amazing job.   A friend of mine also used them for her son's post op party.  She had a bunch of family photos around the house regendered.  There wasn't a dry eye in the room.  It meant so much to her.
  •