Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

3 charged with recording girl in Walmart bathroom

Started by iKate, January 19, 2016, 07:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iKate

3 charged with recording girl in Walmart bathroom are employees, official says

By Ron Zeitlinger, The Jersey Journal
Source: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/01/3_charged_with_recording_girl_in_walmart_bathroom.html

The three women charged in the filming of a 16-year-old girl using a bathroom at the Walmart store in Kearny are Walmart employees and have been suspended, a company official said this afternoon.

Rashonda Solomon, Katina Robertson, 19, and Jasmine Williams, 20, are all charged with conspiracy and invasion of privacy, according to Kearny police and a criminal complaint against Solomon.

Wyatt Jefferies, a spokesman for Walmart, said this afternoon that the video was recorded on a cell phone, but he declined to provide any other information, citing the ongoing investiagtion into the incident.

•  

iKate

They are to the best of my knowledge cisgender women. Now, can we please stop with the fearmongering about Trans people in the restrooms and realize that it happens anyway, cisgender women do it and efforts are best spent prosecuting actual crimes?
  •  

Deborah

We need a law to prevent CIS women from using the ladies room. It's for the children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Yikes and I've been to that Walmart. It's been over a year since I've been to that one, since one of my clients moved from away from nearby Newark to Elizabeth.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Ritana

You mentioned one example of breach of privacy o ciswoman experienced (not necessarily because she is cis), a ciswoman "persecuted" in the bathroom might be an isolated incident. I can't think of many ciswomen being victims of such an incident. It's an exception, and an ewception doesn't make the rule. It would be reasonable to assume far more transgender women suffer rejection in the bathroom (whether through intimidation or harassment) than cis, hence the well founded fear they experience as a result, Ikate.
A post-op woman
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Ritana on January 20, 2016, 12:26:37 AM
You mentioned one example of breach of privacy o ciswoman experienced (not necessarily because she is cis), a ciswoman "persecuted" in the bathroom might be an isolated incident. I can't think of many ciswomen being victims of such an incident. It's an exception, and an ewception doesn't make the rule. It would be reasonable to assume far more transgender women suffer rejection in the bathroom (whether through intimidation or harassment) than cis, hence the well founded fear they experience as a result, Ikate.

The point is that it doesn't happen often but it's not like cis women don't do the same thing that people accuse us of doing.
  •  

Ritana

I got your point now. I misunderstood your initial msg.

Do cis people accuse us of filming in bathrooms btw?
A post-op woman
  •  

lisarenee

Quote from: Ritana on January 20, 2016, 08:41:31 AMDo cis people accuse us of filming in bathrooms btw?

I don't think I've heard that claim yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. Certain hate groups claim that if you allow transpersons to use the correct bathroom, they will jack off to the sound of cisgirls peeing, rape ciswomen, and/or peep on the cisgirls/ciswomen. There has not been a single documented case of a transperson doing any of these things, but that doesn't stop the fearmongering.
  •  

makipu

I am male because I say so and nothing more.
I don't have to look or act like one therefore.
  •  

Tysilio

Trans or not, she's a minor, and I'd hope her privacy would be protected. It's no one's business -- isn't that sort of the point?
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: makipu on February 18, 2016, 09:17:31 PM
Was the 16 year old girl trans? 

As far as I know, this article has nothing to do with trans people at all.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

mac1

Quote from: lisarenee on January 22, 2016, 04:26:03 PM
I don't think I've heard that claim yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. Certain hate groups claim that if you allow transpersons to use the correct bathroom, they will jack off to the sound of cisgirls peeing, rape ciswomen, and/or peep on the cisgirls/ciswomen. There has not been a single documented case of a transperson doing any of these things, but that doesn't stop the fearmongering.

It is a simple case of safety in numbers. The fewer people the greater the danger = the more people the less the danger.  Make all multi-user public restrooms coed-unisex with private stalls.  There will be less danger of anybody being alone in the restroom.
?
  •