Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The blue angels are making me really upset....

Started by tinkerbell, October 06, 2007, 07:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBattler

When I was a young fella I use to fly plans every weekend (well model planes). They where great fun and I can imgine the noise would be exciting for me.

Alice
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Tink on October 09, 2007, 11:39:56 PM
Incidentally kitty cats, I was joking.  They come here every year (it is not the first time) so I've been dealing with it forever.  I can't stand noise of any kind but that's what ear plugs are for...  :P

tink :icon_chick:

Tink, of course we understood you were joking.  But what you have to understand is that's not going to stop us from using it to posta reply of something silly or teasing or totally non-sequitur.  LOL

Beverly
  •  

Ms Bev

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on October 09, 2007, 11:36:25 PM
I live less than 2 miles straight off the end of runway 9 Right/27 Left of Hartsfield-Jackson, the busiest airport in the world.  What you are hearing for a few minutes of each day, I hear every 3-5 minutes, 18-20 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.........if you are out in the yard, they come over so low you can read the ship numbers on the aircraft and you have to quit talking until they have flown past.

Beverly

LOL.....this made me smile.  I lived 2 miles from (now) BWI for the 25 years prior to my marriage.  My
Mom and Dad said you could count the tread in the tires, they were that low.  Of course, we had to wait for the jet to fly over before they could say anything that could be heard.  We were used to stopping all conversation for the flyovers, takeoff, and landing.

..........Hmmm.......is there some relationship between jet engine noise, and transsexualism?!  Ok, we need a survey, quick!  How many ts and pregnant moms of ts children grew up around airport noise, and was proximity a factor?    :-\

Bev

1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

KarenLyn

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on October 07, 2007, 12:30:14 AM

Karen Lyn, did you ever meet a pilot that WASN'T a prima donna?  I mean you know the joke about how a pilot changes a light bulb?  He just holds the bulb still and the world revolves around him.

Beverly

I knew lot's of pilots who weren't prima donnas. Those kind don't last too long in a combat unit. The CO didn't have any problem with grounding a pilot for having a bad attitude.

Karen Lyn
  •