Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The blue angels are making me really upset....

Started by tinkerbell, October 06, 2007, 07:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerbell

I just went to have my hair, nails and toes done and boy I couldn't wait to get home.  Utopia is a chaos today.  There are people everywhere and the blue angels are in town:

http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_276012521.html

how dare they come to my city and fly over my roof!  >:(  >:D

I can't stand the noise; I really can't....  >:(

tink :icon_chick: (who has her ears plugged at the moment)
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Tink on October 06, 2007, 07:14:00 PM

Can I come visit?????

I love it! I love the noise of air shows, of *feeling* that ruuuuuumble going right through to my bones.

I love fireworks too for the same reason. Not the visuals, not the sound per se, but that BOOM concussion that just goes right *through* your body.

Yea, I'm weird, lol...

~Kate~

EDIT: Oh, and thunder too!!!!
  •  

Alison

Quote from: Kate on October 06, 2007, 07:25:16 PM

Can I come visit?????

I love it! I love the noise of air shows, of *feeling* that ruuuuuumble going right through to my bones.

I love fireworks too for the same reason. Not the visuals, not the sound per se, but that BOOM concussion that just goes right *through* your body.

Yea, I'm weird, lol...

~Kate~

EDIT: Oh, and thunder too!!!!

You aren't that weird.. I love air shows too  My stepdad was an air traffic controller at a military base for years... they had an air show every summer...

I LOVED it... These enormous planes, the F16's that were like ZOOOOOOOOM!  .. the stealth flyby's.... all of it :) The whole day was just amazing and exciting :)

oh and the gliders... but the awesome thing about them isn't the noise but the lack thereof, the acrobatics they can do silently....

and thunderstorms are just plain awesome :)
  •  

tinkerbell

Kate, you can come anytime you wish :).  I love air shows too.  I just wish they were silent.  Yeah, I am twisted!  :icon_twisted:

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Tink on October 06, 2007, 07:38:20 PM
Kate, you can come anytime you wish :).  I love air shows too.  I just wish they were silent.  Yeah, I am twisted!  :icon_twisted:

LOL, well, on the other hand...

Waaaaaay back when I used to take lessons to fly sailplanes (gliders). I still rent a ride now and then, and usually manage to get the pilot to let me fly it for a bit.

And... all you hear is wind. Whoooooooosh.... and that's it:

Seems more like your kinda "air show" ;)

~Kate~
  •  

Nero

Sounds fun to me. Wish I could see them. *ducks* :eusa_shifty:
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

KarenLyn

Well, you're welcome to all your air shows. I've had more than my share. After 14 years in Naval Aviation climbing in, under and around those noisy jets. We hosted the Blue Angels once. What a bunch of prima donnas. I've had my fill. I'd be happier if they'd just park them all permanently.

Karen Lyn
  •  

BeverlyAnn

We were on carrier quals in Pensacola one time and we were out of radios that worked with a b1rd coming in from the shipboard detachment in need of a radio.  So we stole one out of a Blue Angels plane.  LOL  Not really but that's where we told the leading chief we got it and his face turned white as a sheet probably thinking we would all be court martialed and hung from the yardarm.  I still to this day refuse to say from where we really stole the radio.

Even after over 30 years working around all forms of aircraft, I love air shows.  When I was still working at the Jacksonville airport, occasionally the guys from across the field at the Florida Air National Guard would do a high performance takeoff.  They were especially cool when they would point those F15 Eagles almost straight up and just keep going until they were out of sight.  But none of that can even come close to the Blues or the Thunderbirds.

Quote from: KarenLyn on October 06, 2007, 11:17:17 PM
We hosted the Blue Angels once. What a bunch of prima donnas.
Karen Lyn

Karen Lyn, did you ever meet a pilot that WASN'T a prima donna?  I mean you know the joke about how a pilot changes a light bulb?  He just holds the bulb still and the world revolves around him.

Beverly
  •  

Hazumu

Yeah, it's 'Fleet week" in Utopia again, innit?

Is it noisy like this?  >:D

Karen
  •  

Cindi Jones

I like airplanes. They go fast. They are loud. Pilots are cool.  When I grow up, I want to fly jets.

By Cindi Jones

Did I do good teacher?
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Christo

lmao :laugh:  yea how dare they bother my princes.  :laugh:  damn they aint gonna be there next week. :(
  •  

katia

oh poor princess. >:D she is disturbed by the noise.  ha ha ha ha >:D

i'm teasing you by the way. ;)
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Katia on October 07, 2007, 07:14:53 AM
oh poor princess. >:D she is disturbed by the noise.  ha ha ha ha >:D

Bruja!  ;D  ;)

•  

Christo

•  

Ms Bev

Hah!  You should live where I do.  I get to see and hear them practice more than most.  Hours and hours of practice......not show.  But I must say, when I look up from my quiet fishing spot, and they fly over in beautiful formation, they at least keep under the sound barrier, and only roar by at treetop levels!
Actually, it's not that often, and they are impressive, practice or show.

Bev
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

Lisbeth

You know?  I wouldn't particularly be bothered by the Blue Angels.  What bothers me is that ever since September 11, 2001 there have been these C5A transports taking off and landing many times each day at the Minneapolis airport.  Every time I hear the deep throb of their turboprop engines I know that we have several more tons of death being flown to the middle east.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Lisbeth on October 09, 2007, 02:02:25 PM
What bothers me is that ever since September 11, 2001 there have been these C5A transports taking off and landing many times each day at the Minneapolis airport.  Every time I hear the deep throb of their turboprop engines I know that we have several more tons of death being flown to the middle east.

That was a very powerful post, Lisbeth, especially the last sentence. :(

•  

Suzy

Awww, I missed them.  Well I didn't have an invite anyway, so would have had to crash the party. 

I've seen them several times and I think it's just awesome to see what they can do.

Kristi
  •  

BeverlyAnn

You know, the more I thought about this post, the more I had to laugh.  I'm not trying to make you mad  Tink but I live less than 2 miles straight off the end of runway 9 Right/27 Left of Hartsfield-Jackson, the busiest airport in the world.  What you are hearing for a few minutes of each day, I hear every 3-5 minutes, 18-20 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.  Let's put it this way, I'm close enough to the airport that several years ago, they put cental air in the houses that didn't have it, added 12" of insulation in the attic and put storm window/doors on all the houses in our neighborhood.  Plus bought the air rights over the house.  However if you are out in the yard, they come over so low you can read the ship numbers on the aircraft and you have to quit talking until they have flown past.

Beverly
  •  

tinkerbell

Incidentally kitty cats, I was joking.  They come here every year (it is not the first time) so I've been dealing with it forever.  I can't stand noise of any kind but that's what ear plugs are for...  :P

•