Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Feature film "Breakfast on Pluto"

Started by Alexandra, January 13, 2006, 11:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra

So, I've seen this thing three times at the theatre and can't wait to buy the DVD. I'd like to hear from other TG individuals on what they think (provided it played in a theatre or festival near you.)

Critics overall gave this thing mixed reviews however, I found this film quite entertaining (and I'm a pretty harsh critic myself.) So what say you about Breakfast on Pluto?
  •  

Shelley

Can you give us a little overview of the content?

Shelley
  •  

Alexandra

Its a dark comedy. The events of the film are like tragedy, but the central tv character turns it into a comic reality

The two major things going for it is the performance of Cillian Murphy as the transvestite lead -- amazing  and the film was directed by Neil Jordan, yep, the director who made The Crying Game.

SYNOPSIS

Young Patrick "Kitten" Braden flees Ireland for London during the politically tumultuous 1970s on a quest to find love and a place to call home. There he becomes a transvestite prostitute and gets involved in an IRA bombing campaign.

more info:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/breakfast_on_pluto/about.php

I'm inclinded to believe the closer one is to all things tg/tv/ts as well as glbtq, the more one is apt to love this film.
  •  

BFKate

I saw the trailer for it a couple of weeks ago and Cillian Murphy is stunning looking.  It sounds like typical Neil Jordan stuff.  Can't wait to see it.  Will write more when i have.

Kate
  •