Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How much weight loss is to much?

Started by Leslie36369, February 05, 2016, 11:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leslie36369

I have always had some body dysmorphia outside of gender dysphoria. So, I am 5'10-6'0 I can't get a consistent measurement probably due to injuries and squatting in the gym.

Let's say 5'11 for argument sake.  My natural weight I hovered around was 155. I bulked up to about 190 when I played football. Then around 215 later in my 20's  and early 30's. At this point I am  down to 178 from about 215.

I am shooting for about 145 or 150 tops. However the more I look at some of these very tall models and see them around 115-130 it makes me want to try to go as low as possible. They seem to look healthy and toned. Nourished and fit.

I'm concerned that my body image issues are taking control of my female side. So based on my height, what would you say that is to much weight loss? Is it healthy to go for 120?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I feel like an alcoholic that celebrates my 90 day chip with champagne
  •  

Dena

For your hight, 120 is a bit on the low side 140 may be as low as you want to go and 155 if you develop some shape. If you have a heavy frame you will need to carry more weight that someone with delicate bones. Ask your doctor what your healthy weight range should be as it will vary depending on your body type.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Leslie36369

Thanks Dena, (not sure how to quote on the app)

That's the weight ( or close ) to my initial goal. I just get carried away. On the flip side as a male I wanted to be 175. Then 190 then 200 then decided 240 was where I'd stop. Then I was in a car accident. Now, I'm dropping the weight and it's almost like a high. I should be at 165 by March 1. I'm OK until I'm in the 150s just scared of going to far.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I feel like an alcoholic that celebrates my 90 day chip with champagne
  •