Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Quick 10 minute survey for my dissertation

Started by zellybean, February 12, 2016, 10:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zellybean

Hi,
My name is Zelly and I'm currently doing my Bachelor's in Psychology and for my dissertation I'd love to expand the literature on transgendered issues. If any of you could possibly fill out this super quick personality questionnaire and maybe even share it with your friends or colleagues (of any gender identity or sexual orientation!) I would be infinitely grateful!!
All my love to this beautiful community,
Zelly

http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cZ8Z7XwRlYEdMGx
  •  

Cindi Jones

I filled out your survey. I hope your work is fruitful for you. Would you please post a follow up synopsis for us when you are finished? It would be interesting to see what you discover.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Deborah

I filled it out.  It would be interesting to see your analytical conclusions at the end of the study.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Cindy

This questionnaire has been approved and has ethics clearance for Newcastle University.

Your participation is entirely voluntary.

Cindy
  •  

Ms Grace

I presume the last question is abut "shirking duties"... not "shrinking them"...! ;D
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

stephaniec

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: Ms Grace on February 14, 2016, 12:33:30 AM
I presume the last question is abut "shirking duties"... not "shrinking them"...! ;D
Ms Grace you  misspelled butt
  •  

sarahjayn77

Questionnaire filled out. I'd love to hear the results when it's done as well :)
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: stephaniec on February 14, 2016, 12:36:04 AM
Ms Grace you  misspelled butt

Stephanie, you have a double space between "you" and "misspelled"...
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: AnonyMs on February 14, 2016, 12:39:29 AM
Stephanie, you have a double space between "you" and "misspelled"...
have to clean my keys
  •  

Cindy

I did tell Zelly that my responses pre and post transition would have been totally opposite.

I have asked her to submit her findings to us after her analysis.
  •  

AnonyMs

I did it as well, and I think my responses would also be very different depending on when I took the survey.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: AnonyMs on February 14, 2016, 01:04:27 AM
I did it as well, and I think my responses would also be very different depending on when I took the survey.

It is a failure of the survey that should have been picked up by her supervisor.
  •  

AnonyMs

Perhaps it shows the lack of knowledge of trans people.
  •  

AbbyKat

Quote from: zellybean on February 12, 2016, 10:30:01 AM
Hi,
My name is Zelly and I'm currently doing my Bachelor's in Psychology and for my dissertation I'd love to expand the literature on transgendered issues. If any of you could possibly fill out this super quick personality questionnaire and maybe even share it with your friends or colleagues (of any gender identity or sexual orientation!) I would be infinitely grateful!!
All my love to this beautiful community,
Zelly

http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cZ8Z7XwRlYEdMGx

I have to agree with the others here.  Any information you gather from this survey won't be as useful if it doesn't specify where the person is at in their transition.  Most trans folk are miserable before and not so much after so you might find it helpful to your work if you make another survey with that added information and then compare. 

Just a thought.  Also, thank you for trying to add more data about trans topics.
  •  

Claire_Sydney

I filled out your survey.

But then, I did it while sitting on the pier, eating hot chips, and watching the sun set over the harbour.

Try me again tomorrow morning (Monday) and I may have a different view about the shirking of responsibilities! [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Cindy on February 14, 2016, 01:00:20 AM
I did tell Zelly that my responses pre and post transition would have been totally opposite.
i had the same feeling.  Pre-HRT answers would have been much more negative than they were after a year on HRT.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

zellybean

Thank you all so much for your feedback, I am so sorry for overlooking the pre and post transition aspect of this study. I am very open to doing a follow up study that takes this into account and will definitely include this concern in my discussion section of my dissertation. I will definitely be posting the results once I have obtained all of my data, and thank you all again for everything!  :)
  •  

susanlogan1203

Filled this out. What's the connection with the art questions?
Xanthe

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

•