Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What? no child board for gaming?

Started by Amy413, February 20, 2016, 11:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy413

Gaming will soon out class TV and movies combined!

Immersive 4K cinematics will be here soon.

TV & Movies are sooooooo "20th century"  ::)

(just lightheartedly promoting an idea for a child board)
  •  

Devlyn

Gaming is in the Hobbies area: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,426.0.html

Unless I'm so 20th century you're talking about something else!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Tristyn

Quote from: Amy413 on February 20, 2016, 11:31:19 AM
Gaming will soon out class TV and movies combined!

Immersive 4K cinematics will be here soon.

TV & Movies are sooooooo "20th century"  ::)

(just lightheartedly promoting an idea for a child board)

That's what's up. :)

Videogames are the future. XD

-Phoenix
  •  

Amy413

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 20, 2016, 11:57:36 AM
Gaming is in the Hobbies area: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,426.0.html

Unless I'm so 20th century you're talking about something else!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

$91 billion a year 'gaming' is a little more than a hobby.
Video game kids like me have completely forgotten "gaming" even refers to actual physical games like monopoly.
More kids AND ADULTS play things like League of Legends these days than watch MTV.
Heck, there is a professional gaming league for all kinds of video games, with highly paid, corporate sponsored competitors.

I dunno, what can we all commonly think of as a commonly understood term referring to the equally as important as TV or Movies, Video game industry? I guess just "Video Gaming" to make it clear, though I personally feel it is an antiquated term, "Interactive" is proper to me.
I'm not trying to be snotty or anything. just suggesting another section along side the other major entertainment media.

It's been my primary career industry since 1994. I'm biased. I eat sleep and breathe games. And for the inhabitants of "meat space" I mean games played on a computer of some kind. :icon_lol:

I think I remembered once playing a "game" that didn't involve a computer..... It's fuzzy though, lol.

I'll be 46 in april.
My 50-something sister and her husband travel around the country to visit online gaming friends in their Lord of the Rings Online clan.
My 73 year old mother can't stop playing spider solitare on her computer, she used to sneak home at lunch when I was a kid and play with my Atari 2600 behind my back, lol.

I've also read a few posts from folks around here who are into game development as well. game developers like to just plain discuss the playing of those games, not just making them. It's more than an employment topic too.

Some of us make games for more than just a job or a business venture.
It's the next evolution of human storytelling and education, to me.

In a way, video games are closer to classic literature than a TV show or Movie.
Within a software title, reading, watching, problem solving, choices.... all available.
Works like Myst & Elder Scrolls Epics are an example.

This ain't Pac-Man no more  :)
  •  

JamesGoblin

It's bit strange to not have major gaming branch on forums nowadays, but as @Devlyn Marie mentioned - there is a minor one in "Hobbies". That'll do for now  ;D
  •