Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Did you ever find

Started by KarlMars, February 26, 2016, 10:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlMars

that before you realized you were born the wrong gender that many of your childhood and teenage interests such as activities and media items such as the subjects of your movies, and books were supposedly more popular with the gender you wanted to be?

What about the professions you dreamed of as a child. Did everyone ever tell you you couldn't do them because they were meant for the opposite gender?

For example many books and movies I liked to read as a child and teenager were targeted towards males, but I also liked a few female ones.

RavenMoon

I was 4 years old. I actually did a fair amount of boy and girl activities. When I was younger I mostly played with a bunch of girls in the neighborhood. I did read books and do certain things intended for girls.

By the time I was a teenager I was designing my own clothes. But I also hung out with boys and rode bikes and stuff.

I'm 58 now. I was married 10 years. My wife didn't know I was trans. But now she says it makes sense b cause I was more like all the girlfriends she has, and nothing like any of the guys she's know.  She said she liked that about me. But she also said I was just me, and didn't really have a gender. I think I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Kizzy

To a degree, yes and no. I definitely viewed as role models, those of the gender I ultimately identified. My role play was similar. I think who I identified with was more suggestive than my actual activities as stereotypical play/activities are only artificially limited by gender. In my opinion, boys and girls (and other genders) can enjoy whatever activities they like—regardless of gender and it doesn't make them less of the gender they identify as.
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Kizzy on March 02, 2016, 10:47:41 AM
To a degree, yes and no. I definitely viewed as role models, those of the gender I ultimately identified. My role play was similar. I think who I identified with was more suggestive than my actual activities as stereotypical play/activities are only artificially limited by gender. In my opinion, boys and girls (and other genders) can enjoy whatever activities they like—regardless of gender and it doesn't make them less of the gender they identify as.

May I ask who your role models were? I like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Thor, Anderson Cooper. What were your roleplay games?

KarlMars

Quote from: RavenMoon on February 26, 2016, 10:50:26 PM
I was 4 years old. I actually did a fair amount of boy and girl activities. When I was younger I mostly played with a bunch of girls in the neighborhood. I did read books and do certain things intended for girls.

By the time I was a teenager I was designing my own clothes. But I also hung out with boys and rode bikes and stuff.

I'm 58 now. I was married 10 years. My wife didn't know I was trans. But now she says it makes sense b cause I was more like all the girlfriends she has, and nothing like any of the guys she's know.  She said she liked that about me. But she also said I was just me, and didn't really have a gender. I think I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of books were they? I read some princess stories, and I've always loved the Nutcracker ballet. I also loved Dragon Lane and Xanth series by Piers Anthony. Someday I might get back to the Xanth and Dragon Lane. I still like Young Adult books because they're so much cleaner than adult books.