Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

!!! So nervous.. anxious.. happyish... etc.

Started by Andie73, March 15, 2016, 11:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andie73

So.. I just handed my letter to my HR manager... now the wait.

I'm pretty confident in my management staff, but wow... hard to describe the cacophony of emotions going on at the moment.

Lunch is soon.. gotta eat something.  I just want to hide under the desk.

:o ^-^ ??? :-\ :embarrassed:

•  

Laura_7

Lol all will be all right ... probably  ;)

*hugs*
  •  

Andie73

Update...

When I handed the letter to my HR rep, she got all kinds of worried and uncomfortable looking, which I immediately took as OMGSHEKNOWS! 

I just left it with her and went back to my work station.

Just before leaving for the day, I meekly popped my head back in to ask if I had freaked her out.  She had me come in and close the door, and had a cracked grin on her face.  She said something to the effect of That's all this was about?  She apparently convinced herself I had given her a letter of resignation until she got into reading it.

Suffice to say, she has been really good to me about it. She said that she has not encountered this situation, but seems completely interested in learning about doing it right.  We have a meeting Monday morning with the corporate HR manager for the area. I have put together a package inspired by the info in the wiki here that will hopefully make things continue to go smooth.

*fingers crossed*

•  

Laura_7

•  

Emileeeee

Congrats! I was equally as shocked when I did it. I told my boss I spent 40 years in fear of this day and nobody even batted an eye.
  •  

Dee Marshall

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Jacqueline

That is soooo great!

I hope things continue as swimmingly.

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

jimmie

Hi Joanna,
What type of business is it where you work?  Please keep us updated on how things went!
Jimmie
  •  

Andie73

Had my second HR meeting today with the regional administrator.  Apparently I'm not the first trans* person to come out while working here, and he was very happy I came to them.. they are wanting to support my transition however than can.  He was also happily taken by surprise with the transition package I provided (Yay!  Thank goodness for the Susan Wiki!!).  We worked out a rough timeline, who else to disclose to when, and we're going to let it sail on.

I can't believe things are working out this well... I keep looking for the shadow of a falling anvil.

Jimmie, I'm not sure where Joanna works, but I'm a professional instructor in the aerospace industry.  :D

•  

jimmie

Sorry, that's what I meant Andie  :-\  That's pretty encouraging.  I bet you feel a lot of weight lifted off. 
  •  

Andie73

Quote from: jimmie on March 21, 2016, 09:15:03 PM
That's pretty encouraging.  I bet you feel a lot of weight lifted off.

I know, right?  my whole day seemed like nothing could get me down after the meeting.  I actually slept really well last night.  Then I woke up to baby chest hair sprouts. Grr. 

Anyhow, yeah... insanely happy.  To anyone going through this I wish lots of hugs and support.  Just because I seem to be very lucky so far, I know that its not the case in a lot of situations, and I feel for all of you.  We will all get through it one way or another.

<3

Andie

•