*Updated Yeson surgery (Voice sample)

Started by fiero, March 19, 2016, 02:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiero

Hi I am new here
I had VFS at yeson just about 1year ago
would you please let me know your opinion from this voice sample

I am 1 year VFS post op and Dr kim did a wonderful surgery for me
yet may be because of my individual anatomy  even with voice exercise and efforts when I speak I Still have nice high gender neutral voice

My thinking is if I like to have another surgery to increase bit more of fundamental frequency  by dr kim and first surgery healed well do you think Yeson  can help me by increasing suture to 50percent with additional surgery cost

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1q224ZU1Ubd
thank you
(Recording in japanese)
  •  

Ritana

A post-op woman
  •  

fiero

•  

Jacqueline

fiero

Welcome to Susan's,

It is a very supportive site. We have  a wide range of members with different histories from around the world. Lots of information and a bit of fun available.

If you have not taken time to please check out these links. they have welcome information and our site's terms of service. Please give them a read through:

Things that you should read

Welcome again.

Look around, ask more questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

fiero

Thank You Joanna for the info I will do that :)

and again thank you for being so nice to me
  •  

anjaq

I find it hard to judge the voice in such a different language but I think it may be right and it may be a bit neutral, I would say in mayn parts it seems to be feminine and in some parts maybe neutral, but that mixture would make it overall female because there are no typical male clues in it that I can hear. But again, it would be easier to judge this with an english or European text.
Have you measured the frequency? I believe that it is quite in the female range, so an additional surgery would not bring much benefit - more pitch doe snot mean it is more feminine. Have you done voice therapy sessions? If your voice is perceived as neutral even though pitch is high, maybe the way you speak could be modified to make it more feminine?

•  

Ritana

I think it would help if you could post a recording if the rainbow passage in English.
A post-op woman
  •  

fiero

Thank You anjaq and Thank You Ritana for  so many support for all

My english is not so good but try my best!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0rdh8GNa5TI
  •  

kwala

Quote from: fiero on March 20, 2016, 09:15:38 PM
Thank You anjaq and Thank You Ritana for  so many support for all

My english is not so good but try my best!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0rdh8GNa5TI
Sounds beautiful and feminine to me!  Congrats!
  •  

fiero

•  

Ritana

It sounds good but more in the gender neutral / lower female range.
A post-op woman
  •  

fiero

Hi Ritana
Yes that is how I feel and both recording I am putting a lot of effort to speak high if my fundamental frequency was higher I can put more effort for how to speak like female

how can I approach Dr.Kim I really want to have additional surgery by
him also Thank You again Ritana^^
  •  

fiero

Hi anjaq
How do you feel my english voice sampl?
I think my Foq was 223hz with effort and with out effort maybe 200hz 5 month after VFS because of my built I think not low but medium fundamental frequency female voice will fit me better is Yeson flexible about second surgery?
                                                  Danke  schön
  •  

Ritana

Have you tried speech therapy. If your relaxed pitch is 200hz then it is definitely in the female range. Try to add more inflection and female prosody to it?
A post-op woman
  •  

anjaq

I think the pitch is ok. It sounds feminine to me, but due to the language difference it is hard to tell if there may be any prosody issues with voice melody and intonations and speech patterns... Those are something for voice therapy though. 200 Hz is perfectly female. I have 180 Hz and this is still at this time always read as a female voice.
Regarding Dr Kim and a second surgery, I believe if you ask him, he will tell you to not do it. He will check your voice sample and say the pitch is in a female range and your voice has mostly a female sound to it, so there is no need to do another surgery. I am not even sure if it is possible to do this surgery as an "add on" - Probably he would have to re-do it completely and if he really can be brought to do this, he would have to charge you the full price again. But I personally believe that he will decline another surgery on a voice like yours...
He did decline to do surgery on people with high pitched original voices who wanted to feminize those even more or were hoping a pitch increase would feminize their voices, when other factors were more of an issue. Also I asked him once if I should consider another surgery because I was a bit unhappy with a 170-180 Hz pitch that sometimes drops to 160 Hz or even lower, but he said that any further surgery would pose the risk of voice damage or an unnatural voice.

•  

fiero

Danke  schön Anjaq Thank You Ritana

I will be visiting Yeson next month to get info on every option I have with Dr.Kim  I will keep  your input in my mind
  •  

Ritana

A post-op woman
  •  

Ritana

Just out of curiosity, do you pass on the phone with your relaxed voice?
A post-op woman
  •  

fiero

Yes on the 'telephone 'including when you just waken up but started suddenly after just about year post VFS
  •  

Ritana

Since you're in the female range in terms of pitch, and you do pass on the phone even when you've just woken up then why would you want another vfs surgery?
A post-op woman
  •