Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I don't think I have any hobbies

Started by blossom, March 27, 2016, 06:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blossom

•  

Tristyn

Hi Blossom.

Sounds like to me you could be experiencing a symptom of depression known simply as apathy. It's basically when you don't want to do anything. It's not because of laziness or dismissive things like that. It may contribute to gender dysphoria, if you have GD.

I would recommend speaking with a therapist about this and seeing if you can come up with a plan to get you motivated into doing things that you enjoy. Hope that helps. For a long time, I thought I didn't have any hobbies either. So I understand.
  •  

blossom

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I really appreciate it.
  •  

Tristyn

You're welcome! :)

Hope you get to feeling better.
  •  

kylie1

Blossom,
What did you like when you were a kid?  Bike riding? Building models? Gardening? Reading? Aquariums? Often finding old interests helps you find yourself.
:)
Hobbies can come in many forms.
  •  

ChasingAlice

after years of depression I've found that i still enjoy the this that i got away from.
--video games.

--coding (years ago i helped write the x video server asm code.) So, if you used early linux and your monitor had a stable gui, it was because of my stable code. yup! I heard that it is still in use actually! i am talking about the basic driver with no add-ons. the other member of the team finished the work. no, my name isn't included because of GID. yup my case is that bad. my critical part was anonymous.

-- i learned recently that my second idea was never done! Damn relationships. Anyway, now is like the perfect time for it and the distro would, in my opinion be way cooler for programmers and it could help with gaming on the platform.

--i went back to something that i like and created a new goal. it could be tough because i must use asm and c for speed purposes, but when i am done it will rock. no questions asked...it is that cool. And this time it will have my name on it.

-- even at my age i still enjoy a nice bike ride.

Lily Rose

Quote from: Tristyn on March 28, 2016, 12:18:13 PM
It's basically when you don't want to do anything. It's not because of laziness or dismissive things like that. It may contribute to gender dysphoria, if you have GD.

this very possibly describes me. not that i think i am lazy, but now days i am basically a shut in. not necessarily due to fear of public settings in general. i just do not want to do anything. also in the past i have done things half assed and or give up. the one thing i did enjoy was helping my brother fix his cars. i never cut corners and or did it half assed. however at the time i was trying to teach him something he could continue to learn and have a decent carer, but do not think he had the patience for it.

p.s. i am starting to think i will have to force myself to not log in here so much (i do love this place). feels like i may get myself stuck in a "fantasy" world similar to what i did at a younger age, and not do the things i want to do in order to change.
"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
– Yoda

"The road to success is always under construction."
– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
– Victor Hugo :icon_headfones:
  •