Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Can't change profile

Started by 为你等多久, March 31, 2016, 04:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

为你等多久

I don't know what happened but there isn't a "Profile" button in the webpage of the forum under the username and the "unread posts" & "replies to my posts" links. I change my password before this happened. Anyone knows how to fix it please? Thank you.

通过我的 TCL P332U 上的 Tapatalk发言

•  

Cindy

Hi Hon,
You need 15 quality posts before those options open, as explained in the links sent to you when you were greeted as a member.
  •  

为你等多久

Quote from: Cindy on March 31, 2016, 05:01:46 AM
Hi Hon,
You need 15 quality posts before those options open, as explained in the links sent to you when you were greeted as a member.
No, I wasn't talking about the 15-post limit. The situation is, there used to be a "Profile" button between "Home" and "Help", but now it's gone. Maybe I should post a screenshot but I don't know how. It seems that I can only post URL of an existing picture on the forum.

•  

Ms Grace

I'm not sure why you can't see that, especially if you could previously.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Dena

I am only guessing but have you received an email to reactivate your account? You seem to be in a half way state where you can post but your account isn't fully active and some profile changes require an email activation.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

为你等多久

Quote from: Dena on March 31, 2016, 08:46:02 AM
I am only guessing but have you received an email to reactivate your account? You seem to be in a half way state where you can post but your account isn't fully active and some profile changes require an email activation.
No, I haven't received it before I went into the "Modify profile" section by clicking my own username in the post and changed my email address and reactivated my account, but nothing changed. Now it's just like this:

So difficult to post a picture...
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: 为你等多久 on April 01, 2016, 08:43:12 AM
No, I haven't received it before I went into the "Modify profile" section by clicking my own username in the post and changed my email address and reactivated my account, but nothing changed. Now it's just like this:

So difficult to post a picture...

You could try to logout and close all your existing browser windows.
Then restaring the browser and logging in again.
If that does not help you could log off, remove all existing cookies of susans, clear the cache, and log in again.

If that does not help you could reboot your computer (assuming its a windows based system).
Save data before as needed.

*hugs*
  •  

为你等多久

Quote from: Laura_7 on April 01, 2016, 08:47:35 AM
You could try to logout and close all your existing browser windows.
Then restaring the browser and logging in again.
If that does not help you could log off, remove all existing cookies of susans, clear the cache, and log in again.

If that does not help you could reboot your computer (assuming its a windows based system).
Save data before as needed.

*hugs*
Logged out , cleaned browser and nothing changed. In fact now I am using a computer on which I have never logged in before. And on every computer the situation is the same. I guess it's because my non-English username caused some bugs in the system...
  •  

Laura_7

I change my password before this happened.

Can you change your password back to english letters ?

*hugs*
  •  

Dena

I went through your profile information(what I could see of it) and you changed your email address. I had problems with my email provider blocking any email from Susan's. If you are not receiving notification from Susan's as before with your new email address, your new Email may be blocking an account reactivation message. In my case, at first the messages were on the white list and discarded before I had any options. Susan solved the white list problem and now the spam filter is blocking them. Turning off the spam filter solved the problem but I am getting between 50 and 100 spam messages a day.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: 为你等多久 on April 01, 2016, 08:54:13 AM
I guess it's because my non-English username caused some bugs in the system...

Not sure why that would be the case but we could try changing your user name to one using English characters and see if it helps. Let me know if you would like to try and, if so, what name.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

为你等多久

Quote from: Ms Grace on April 01, 2016, 05:46:38 PM
Not sure why that would be the case but we could try changing your user name to one using English characters and see if it helps. Let me know if you would like to try and, if so, what name.
It's OK now. Profile comes back. Thanks

•  

Laura_7

Quote from: 为你等多久 on April 03, 2016, 10:21:11 AM
It's OK now. Profile comes back. Thanks

Have you changed something ? Your Password ?

*hugs*
  •  

为你等多久

Quote from: Laura_7 on April 03, 2016, 11:27:00 AM
Have you changed something ? Your Password ?

*hugs*
No nothing changed.. It came back automatically

•  

Mariah

Understood. If you have any further issue. please feel free to let us know and we will see what we can do to help. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •