Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Looks Like I Got A Job!!!!!!!!

Started by TG CLare, March 31, 2016, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TG CLare

Well, it looks like I may actually have bagged a driving job!!!!!!

I sent in my online application and I received a reply back. I hadn't signed the online form and hit "clear" because it asked for any previous name and I wondered why. It went to the company anyway and I asked why the name part was there. It was really for a maiden name apparently but I told her I had changed my name legally some time ago because I was trans and would that be a problem for the company? (One company was all ready to hire me until I sent in some paperwork and all of a sudden I became "unsuitable". Go figure, huh?)

Anyway, the lady said she had just one question for me.....can you drive a tractor trailer rig? I said yes and they said that was all that mattered to them.

I had a really long interview today (1 1/2 hours!!) and at the end of it she said she was impressed with my attitude, knowledge and professionalism and said she would know by tomorrow as it gets approved by the safety manager first.

I get home and they have sent me an email telling me when my company road test is. Now I don't think they would schedule a test unless it was positive so once I pass that and that should be alright, I complete the company orientation training and then I become a full time employee.

I met two other drivers who were very pleased to meet me. I was called she and madam and her by everyone I met and addressed decently by the ones I met.

My hat is off to Kriska Holdings for the treatment I received and for giving me a chance to do what I can do.

Love,
Clare
I am the same on the inside, just different wrapping on the outside.

It is vain to quarrel with destiny.-Thomas Middleton.

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dr. McGinn girl, June 2015!
  •  

Dena

Congratulations. Your old name was needed to run a criminal report and it's possible you might be hauling government security loads as well. I had a job where they needed my old name because they wanted to give me a security clearance and they needed to know everything.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Mariah

Congrats Clare. Dena is right the old name helps with those checks. Even now I still have to give that info out every time they do a routine background check for my work due to the type of work I do. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

TG CLare

The regional police service here run the criminal background checks. Of course that costs money!

It is so that I can prove I can easily cross the border as a criminal conviction will  stop a commercial driver from obtaining the FAST card (Free And Secure Trade) that make crossing so much easier. In many instances, a criminal conviction will prevent you crossing the border and entering the USA/Canada and the vehicle and freight can be seized and impounded!

Love,
Clare.
I am the same on the inside, just different wrapping on the outside.

It is vain to quarrel with destiny.-Thomas Middleton.

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dr. McGinn girl, June 2015!
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: TG CLare on March 31, 2016, 09:47:24 PM
Anyway, the lady said she had just one question for me.....can you drive a tractor trailer rig? I said yes and they said that was all that mattered to them.

LOL Trucking companies are indeed desperate for good, experienced drivers How's The New Job Going??

Since retiring in 2008 from a previous unrelated 30yr career have for the past year been "piloting" a beautiful 2006 conventional Peterbilt tandem dump with a powerful C13 ACERT CAT that has me home every night!

Pay is good but trucking is definitely NOT for the faint of heart with "being effeminate" having absolutely nothing to do with it! I work local residential/construction jobs mostly thus don't need to deal with your interstate & border issues.

Trac-Trailer Smailer . . . You haven't driven a real truck until off-road with 64,000lbs of three axle gross!! And often overweight on certain highway bridges at speed make for one real bouncy ride!!

Cheers Kiera
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Valkyrie_2

I'm at the low end of trucking. I drive a school bus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •