Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Beast Returns

Started by allisonsteph, April 22, 2016, 07:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allisonsteph

My name is Allison and I am an addict. I had 19 months clean before relapsing in December. Things quickly spun out of control and by March I was homeless. I have been staying in a homeless shelter since March 16.

I am happy to report that I have been clean for 39 days. Yesterday I completed my third week of outpatient drug and alcohol treatment. The homeless shelter staff is helping me apply for supportive housing where I will have help dealing with my addiction issues and mental illness. I have no idea how long this will take and I am more frightened than I was living on the streets. One day at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Ardua Tendit (She attempts difficult things)
  •  

LordKAT

Gratz on getting clean again. It isn't an easy thing to do at all. I do know it is harder the second time around and even harder the third. Try not to let the fear of not succeeding hinder your progress. Sometimes, one day at a time or even 1 hour at a time is all you can do.
  •  

stephaniec

I just had too close of call with homelessness. I kept telling myself I could survive, but the reality is that I'm definitely not 19 years old anymore and falling asleep in cafe's and being told to leave is no fun. Sleep is the most basic thing that your deprived being homeless and the simple thing of taking a shower is a conundrum . I'm lucky that my drug problem was solved long ago Drugs are definitely a road block to survival.
  •