Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Let's Support Target's Support of Us!

Started by Dee Marshall, April 29, 2016, 11:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Marshall

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Tysilio

I sent a thank-you email to Mr. Cornell right after Target announced this policy. He actually answered it!  Briefly, but it was definitely a personal response. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least -- class act for a major CEO.  Of course, they are based in MN.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Stevie

I shop at target a lot, they have jeans that actually fit me.
  •  

traci_k

I've already signed and urge others to also.

Traci
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

RobynD

Me too. I sent them an email they day they clarified their policy. The next day i went there shopping spent money, and yeah i used the rest room.

•  

FreyasRedemption

As my comment with the petition says, I don't live anywhere near America and as such have never even seen a Target store. I still signed it, solely because I approve of them making trans people's lives a slight bit more liveable.
There is a better tomorrow.
  •  

Katiepie

I have signed this!

Target is an amazing company and stands for what is right, even amidst all the turmoil others seem to have.

I wouldn't mind working with them again. At the end of June I am thinking of getting out of the hellhole of this other company, and get back with them.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

Dee Marshall

Love you all!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

CatBlack

They're on my list of corporations not to steal from  >:-)

Ever since Target came out in support of us I switched over to buying what I can from them and then making a second trip elsewhere. I don't like big business, but I feel that if they lost around a million customers to state a political position that is pro trans, and maintained that position while having religious nutcases marauding around their store then me chucking a few bucks here and there at them might not be so bad.

•  

Eva Marie

My local Target is a little out of my way and one of their major competitors is a lot closer to me but ever since they stood with us i've been specifically going to shop at Target. The parking lot and the store is just as crammed as it ever was so i'm thinking that the boycott is having very little effect on them.

I did sign the petition. It needs 89 more signatures people!
  •  

Hikari

When I was just starting to transition I worked at Target and at least at my east coast store they were very supportive and no one made any nasty comments. I credit Targets inclusive culture for steering me away from suicidial thoughts and bringing me to the point where I am today as a reasonably productive member of society. I might work for one of targets competitors these days but I will always have a warm place in my heart for target.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Lady_Oracle

Yep like I shop exclusively at target for my hair products. I'm more than happy to give them my money  :)
  •  

JeNn_DeViLz

I signed and posted on my fb page!!!! I knew Target was awesome!!!
Inspire others more than yourself and be A_Light_In_The_Dark for those who are cast in the darkness of society =)
  •  

Lady Sarah

If they sold quality products to make it worth the hour long drive to get there, it would be wonderful.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •