Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

NBC Heartbeat Episode 7

Started by karenpayneoregon, May 06, 2016, 10:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karenpayneoregon

This episode was about a trans-woman dealing with breast cancer. I thought it was great (even though it's television) how she was treated and loved the ending. At the very least it shows those watching we are no different than cisgender people.

http://www.tv.com/shows/heartbeat/permanent-glitter-3373400/
When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be."
-Julia Glass, Three Junes

GCS 2015, age 58
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Candis Cayne was fantastic in this.  She said when she got the script there were one or two small changes she made but overall she said the writers "got it right."  I was very pleased with the overall episode including the doctor asking what pronouns she preferred right from the start.  I agree with Candis, the got it right and I'll admit it had me leaking a few tears toward the end.  If you didn't see it and can find it on demand or whatever, watch it!
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

kittenpower

Sorry, but the show is actually on NBC; I just wanted to clarify to make it easier to find. The full episode is available for free in the NBC App.
  •